Wyze Video Doorbell Pro - For everything out there! 10/19/21

@towelkingdom

Self powered doorbell!

2 Likes

This doorbell looks like one of the best of the best from Wyze…however, the video of egg-throwing kids is in such poor taste I can’t believe it came from you. Unrealistic and inane… do your reputation a favor and can it quickly!

1 Like

It seems every time I buy something from Wyze within months there is a new improved version. Now I will not purchase anything new for awhile to see if a newer better version comes out.

2 Likes

:cry:No local storage means no order for me as well.

4 Likes

I am 100% in agreement with the comments of not having local storage as a deal breaker for me. The 12 second video is not enough pre/post footage especially with the gap between videos, so I will be forced to backup this “video doorbell” with possibly a Wyze Cam V3.

I totally understand that this is a free market and people are FREE to spend their money how they want. I also understand that companies are in business to make a profit and when big money is involved it oftentimes blur the visions and skew them in the direction of quick profit above everything else. Before you know it you are hearing about a fast track towards going public. I understand that! I thought Wyze would be different though but the road map is clear.

3 Likes

There is a base station to support a low-power long-range radio to the outdoor cam. (WiFi gulps power)
It has an ethernet for setup (and use, if you want), but you can set it up manually and connect the base to your WiFi if that’s what you prefer.

I also have the minivac, and use it all the time in my car (I have dogs) and it does a great job pulling dog hair out of carpeting. It might not work for you, but I’ll take yours (and pay for shipping) if you don’t want it.

Saying “This doorbell looks like one of the best of the best from Wyze” is not difficult to say, as they have only one other doorbell to compare to. I own V1 of the Wyze Video Doorbell, and deal with it’s shortcomings. Sure, the Wyze Video Doorbell Pro will meet the needs of some customers, and no so much for others… I think ‘Pro’ isn’t a deserving name for it. It should of been, simply V2.

If V3 of the doorbell doesn’t have RTSP and MicroSD Local Storage, I’ll opt for a brand that does. (or when my V1 dies)

Pro would of been at a minimum:
RTSP
microSD local storage

I cringed a bit watching the video commercial… Didn’t make me want to run out an purchase anything from Wyze… perhaps the opposite affect for me.

I’m currently tempted to purchase a couple of Pan Cam v2s… but not sure I want to wait two years+for RTSP for it… knowing that Wyze is spending money on producing this video, as opposed to fixing the Wyze App to do Landscape on iPads/Android Tablets and/or doing RTSP for the Pan Cam v2 or this new doorbell… makes me… cringe a little.

On a positive note, I like the initial cost of the Wyze Camera’s I have purchased, and enjoy the “trail cam” type of pictures I get from those camera’s, I like the fact that I can bring all of my V3 cams into Blue Iris with the RTSP beta firmware.

SJ

2 Likes

What would be great is if this could pair to the Outdoor Cam Base station and save to the microSD card in it.

UPDATE: Or at least save to it via the network.

5 Likes

no local storage (SD card) > no continuous recording = no sale …

original dorbell Image Sensor 2K (Resolution: 2048 x 1536)
and new one Image Resolution: 1440x1440p Full HD

2 Likes

The original also did not use the legacy chime. That was a non-starter for me on the original (I cancelled my pre-order of 2 chimes) and the first thing I checked on this chime. And agreed I already have all 3 floors pre-wired about 7’ up, and don’t need to use up 3 more outlets.

1 Like

Not me. It’d be nice if you fixed the original doorbell, but nobody at Wyze seems to care about that. And I’ve opened many tickets, etc, before I was brushed off.

For those that are curious, it fails to upload any videos to the cloud. It reports an error which Wyze claims is a “known issue.”

I saw a video where he mentioned that it doesn’t have a slot for sd card

1 Like

Also been waiting for a battery powered for our gate too.

Would love to have a video doorbell, but this one isn’t going to cut it! No SD storage, renders current doorbell useless, I’ll take a pass as well.

1 Like

I am a big SD card fan as well. Because of that, I just use a V3 overlooking my old doorbell. Since the new doorbell is a battery-powered device, Wyze was unlikely to install an SD card it it. Recording continuously in battery-powered installations would drain the battery FAST. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Why would I buy this next gen doorbell when the first one still can’t connect to google home hub. Why would I want a fish eye doorbell. I’ll keep the first gen till it breaks then I’m switching to google doorbell

1 Like

I can only speak for myself but for my entry a ‘fish eye’ lens will work better as I will be able to see the whole entry, with the v1 I could not see at the foot of the door

2 Likes

Yes, I believe they did that because people complain if they can’t see packages.

1 Like

Exactly.

Not everybody’s use cases are the same. Sounds like this is outside of your use case but I bet some of its features fit exactly into other people’s.

1 Like