Wyze Video Doorbell interferes with Chamberlain garage door opener

The answer may ber here:

Iā€™ve recently installed the Wyze doorbell and have noticed the same issue with my Craftsman garage door opener.

Iā€™ve been able to fix the issue however by extending the antenna dangling from the opener itself with a longer wire. Now the opener works as it did before. Not sure if this fix would transfer to your opener but for $5 worth of materials itā€™s worth a shot.

Did you remove the existing wire and replace with another? How long? Any special wire?

Many thanks

No removal of the existing antenna, everything I did was not invasive at all. Basically I just found the thin wire antenna and stripped off 1/2-3/4ā€ of the insulation at the end of the antenna, took similar gauge wire and twisted them together and covered the connection with heat shrink. Ran the wire across the ceiling towards the front of the garage, approximately extending the antenna another 10-15ā€™ and reception is back to where it was before if not better. Follow this YouTube link for a visual, not mine but very helpful. Hopefully it helps.

2 Likes

Extending the receiver wire was so much easier and cheaper than other solutions would have been. I went from having to be right in front of the garage door to it working from a few houses away. Thanks @456 !

I have this issue with my chamberlain. Original remotes and car home link remotes no longer work. My antenna is already extended. What is the fix for this? I am sure I am affecting my neighbors also.

Probably only fix is to ditch the doorbell, or return it to Wyze for a refund. The frequency range that Wyze and Chamberland choose is non-licensed 902-928 MHz and most QUALITY 902-928 MHz communicators are using channel and code hopping to avoid interference with one another.

It appears both Wyze and Chamberland donā€™t use channel and code hopping and are on same channel (frequency).

This is basically poor design, likely the decision was made by the ā€œbean-counterā€ than the actual electronics engineer and coder.

And under the FCC rules on the 902-928 MHz comms the user is responsible for interference with other devices and will have to discontinue use or accept interference.

Cheap Chinese products strike againā€¦

I also have extended the garage opener antenna. That worked for a long while, then the signal seemed to deteriorate again. So, I bought a multi pack of ferrite bead filters that clamp around wires. I put them on every wire in my garage breaker circuit because that includes my doorbell, garage opener, and some cheap LED shop lights (the likely culprit for degradation), and now it is working acceptably well again.

By chance, I have the myQ button on my garage door opener. It has a learn button.

I just bought the yellow led gen 2 original remotes from the manufacturer, and programmed it to the door opener myQ button. I then reprogrammed my car with the new yellow led opener and I can open the door from a block away now.

Do not buy generic yellow led door openers. It has to be original loft master or chamberlain remotes since the fake generic ones will not have code hopping.
This essentially makes the myQ the new 2.0 receiver and takes the outdated receiver located on the garage door unit obsolete.

1 Like

Fixed by programming in a yellow led opener.

Seven to ten wyze cameras. Three wifi access points. One wyze doorbell. Original remote and car remotes all stopped working. Everything works now after the fix.