Wyze Video Doorbell Firmware Beta Test 2/16/2022

Mine is still alerting. Try resetting all of the notifications and event recording settings. Here is what I posted in the past which helps most times but not necessarily 100% of the time (managing expectations… :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Yea I did that and it works for about a few hours and stops. I did that when I first noticed it right after the last update on the 16th. I just did it again and its working again. I will watch it this time and follow up. Log # 474682

1 Like

I am monitoring as well. I also purchased the VDB Pro to test and experiment with and I have to be honest, it is quite nice. However, I am not used to the Fish Eye and it is only my office for now. It also seems to be alerting faster than the VDB v1.

Just wanted to provide an FYI.

If it happens again, please let us know, we will try to get someone from Wyze involved. I will monitor mine as well.

1 Like

Doesn’t appear to work with Alexa Show yet!

Same for mine. Hasn’t worked for about a year now

Need to work on increasing the volume on the doorbell. Road noise makes hearing difficult.

So just to follow up, I did what you said and it started working but it only lasted a few days before I started noticing the same issues again. it’s hit and miss and connecting to it also fails with timeouts more often than not. Before the last update the doorbell was solid. Also the update was to fix the orientation issue in HMS. I had no orientation issues with HMS but now I do.

I will try to record how it logs in on mine. It seems to go through two cycles before it connects (no errors, just cycles), and then it sits with a blurry look to it and then flickers and resets. Once this happens, it is fine.

I’m still running 4.2.5.0.313. More importantly, I’m waiting for Wyze to incorporate the RTSP protocol so I can integrate the doorbell with my Synology Security Server.

RTSP… I’ve heard that will never happen (sadly).

Not on the Video Doorbell, nor the Video Doorbell Pro.

Sad.

When my Video Doorbell fails, It’ll most likely be replaced with a Doorbell that has a microSD and RTSP such as the Amcrest Model: AD410.

SJ

I’m in the same boat, it seems to take a bit sometimes to connect or just cycles a few times.

1 Like

Any chance this will ever get fixed? It’s not necessarily a bug but it is inconsistent with the doorbell pro view and looks suboptimal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.