Wyze Video Doorbell Firmware 4.25.1.042 and Wyze Video Doorbell Pro Firmware 1.0.64 Released! - 3/30/22

I have tried using different video resolutions, turning off the detection zone, power it off/on at the breaker, it fails on “Step 3 of 3 getting video data” a LOT! Firmware 4.25.1.042 is what it is stuck on. The doorbell is 6 feet from the router.
The Wyze plugs (2021 version), are giving me fits too (going offline all the time, I finally gave up on them).

1 Like

10 days and still no solution? This is what is so frustrating about Wyze. Love the products, but it seems these issues persist. I understand bugs happen, but when you pay for services and literally cannot use the product for weeks at a time, it’s beyond frustrating. This isn’t an isolated incident either.

1 Like

They replaced my doorbell. I don’t understand why they don’t just fix the firmware and release another version. I will not do firmware upgrades anymore when the product is working fine.

FW updates are harder to reverse than you would suspect. Flashing it back manually is actually easier if there were a SD Card.

1 Like

Confirmed that 4.25.1.042 broke my TinyCam stream. Stream takes much longer to start, after which the image flip flops around by itself (between 0 degrees and 90 degrees rotated). Eventually crashing the app.

I prefer 0 degrees, lol. I have a TV mounted portrait style with a continuous stream of the doorbell cam.

1 Like

Though the firmware was crap, I would not blame Wyze for the TinyCam issues. TinyCam is very buggy and has no support. I have sent numerous log files with no response.

The change in behavior for TC is because Wyze changed their video rotation code in the FW, which TC had previously corrected for. TC now has to recode to deal with the Wyze recode.

TC is one Developer who wrote the program. He has previously posted here in these forums.

Uh, yeah. Im sorry to say but your latest update is causing issues with live feed. When will there be a fix?

Beta is currently in testing.

1 Like

Let us know how it works. Thanks…

I’m not brave enough to be a beta. I’d rather not brick my hardware. And, I don’t have the patience or time to do advanced testing. I’d rather my stuff just work. I just posted the link because I am watching it.

Whenever a beta is announced in the forum for my hardware, I click it watched so I can monitor the chatter on effectiveness… or in the case of Wyze, ineffectiveness. Then, when the production release is announced in the forum, I watch that thread until I am convinced I won’t get bricked by it. Then I might update IF it will fix something that is wrong with my equipment. But, for the most part, if it ain’t broke I have no reason to fix it.

So true. In the future, I will only do firmware updates if I am having a problem. I do have to say though that in the past Wyze has always taken care of me with any product that has failed.

2 Likes

I hope it does work but you are so right, i wont install any updates till i hear its been vetted and working normally. Thanks

3 Likes

Along with the lagging, i get this quite often. I hope this beta fixes it all.

i saw there is an update today for 4.251.060, hope it fixes these ongoing issue…
any feedback on this yet?

Update 4.251.060 is listed on the release page, but not rolled out yet? My doorbell camera says “Up to Date” with 4.25.1.042

you need to go into your camera settings to update it from your app

I saw it in settings and it pops up on my screen when I open the app. Still a little glitchy. As with any update, it fixes one thing but causes another. They’ll perfect it soon. I’m sure.

Man! I shoulda waited to go to . 60
Now i get a failed to connect. But when i hit the refresh circle, it comes back but it shouldnt do that.
Screenshot_20220501-013008_Wyze

It’s still slow to connect but more stable in both IOS and android
still doesn’t stream to google home hub- just tries forever