Wyze Video Doorbell 4.25.0.233 Released! - 3/8/21

I am aware of that setting but wasn’t sure if having it toggles off would just remove the Wyze logo but still leave the cam plus part or if it would remove the whole thing.

I can confirm it removes the whole thing which is good as I hate watermarks that serve no purpose other than to advertise.

As someone with 45 Wyze devices(more coming if they ever ship) I’m a strong supporter of Wyze and was worried their cash crunch was going to start to bleed into non-sense

Our video doorbell has a pink hue to everything in daylight. It only produces a great, true color picture at night! Hello be contacted Wyze twice. I followed the directions given the first time and they didn’t fix the problem. I contacted Wyze again and no reply!

when will there be a button to unlock the wyze lock from the wyze door bell screen? For that matter even an unlock shortcut would be handy!

I have 2 that need an RMA … still no Helomekit support as more and more hardware is made knowingly incompatible with Apple’s requirements for Apple HomeKit Secure Video or even basic Siri / HomeKit usability.

RMA for 2 please …… coming back at you as I continue my disinvestment in WYZE.

13 more cameras, 2 door locks with key pads, innumerable lights, smart sensors, smart plugs (indoor & outdoor), 2 bands, a watch, a thermostat, etc etc I’m to ashamed to list it anymore.

———- MY NEW HAPPY WORLD ———

Started my migration to HomeKit comparable ONLY with 2 of the excellent Eufy 2K indoor cams and 1 of their Pan tilt motion tracking ones.

With a great deal I only spent $112 for all three, and now no monthly protection payments (like the mob used to collect), twice the resolution, and a way better connection with not one drop yet. My added in 2 Meross garage door openers, Meross smart plugs, Phillips Hue bulbs, etc etc and HOMEKIT Paradise has started to materialize !!!

As more and more companies lower their product cost AND support HomeKit and HomeKit Secure Video, WYZE will continue to loose once faithful (2+ years) fan boys and promoters.

I still wish I could salvage my WYZE life … I just have no hope left that anyone at WYZE cares for us at all.

Agreed. I too will start divesting my Wyze equipment if they don’t add HomeKit support.

Is there a technical reason, is there a significant cost? Why not add HomeKit support Wyze?

1 Like

Dont waste your money i have one its useless i have went from buying everything wyze puts out to now ill never buy any product from them again i have 4 cameras the vacuum the band the outdoor cam (another reason why ill never buy anything again cause it broke in the first 3-4 months) the doorbell is useless as well literally

2 Likes

Not from what i have been told i ready got one and was excited for it only to find out it has to be hard wired its now a paper weight because originally wyze never said it had to be hard wired until a couple weeks before they shipped

I don’t want to be picky…nice update and all…but how about adding the rotation to landscape and also the ability to include in a group with other cams? :wink:

Thanks much!

2 Likes

Also realized the ability to change view doesn’t work in IOS- works fine with android

They indicated that it had to be hard wired from the very beginning. Maybe you missed it.

1 Like

I love my Wyze Divices BUT…
When will you fix the camera rotation issue for Alexa screens? The image is still comming in on its side? And I’m still not able to speak to a visitor through the echo divice the way I could with my Ring doorbell.

• Speaking through Alexa Divice
  • Image Orientation through Alexa Divice
1 Like

So far Im very happy with the Wyze doorbell. I do need to add a second chime I think, but overall its been good. My only critique would be that having better volume level control of the chime would be nice. Even at the lowest setting its pretty loud to me.

One additional request of Wyze would be a ‘mild angle’ mount. In my case, the flat mount doesnt capture the full porch. But the angle is too much. So a slightly less angled mount would be fantastic.

2 Likes

Plus one for both of these features. Also to rotate properly on a smart device. My Amazon Echo shows the doorbell rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

1 Like

The WYZE doorbell is not working as expected. I have a choice of black and white high quality images or lousy quality pink hued images in daylight.
I reinstalled the doorbell and the pink hue disappeared snd I was able to get beautiful images…but no sound!!! So, I have the choice of a doorbell that actually rings or a beautiful true-to-life image! This is NOT acceptable!!
At present I have a sometimes working thermostat snd a less than desirable “working” doorbell.
I want to return BITH for a full refund. However, it’s near impossible to get any information from WYZE Re: how to return items for a refund.
I love my indoor and outdoor cameras but I’m gone buying anything more from WYZE.

1 Like

@hairsarenumbered @reinadr See this post for a possible explanation.

I have installed the Wyze Doorbell and it has a good picture in color by daylight or in sharp black and white at night.

I have run into a big problem- there is a tree limb in the camera’s field of view that blows around in the wind and often sets off the motion alarm. It would be nice to have a settable custom “motion exclusion zone” available similar to the settable custom “detection zone” that you claim will be fully operational soon (with the next basic Wyze app upgrade?).

Also, I don’t have an existing wired doorbell system, so I had to order a transformer to power the Wyze Doorbell. Why doesn’t Wyze offer a suitable transformer for a reasonable price as an accessory?

One more item I would like to see as an original (or reasonable cost accessory) item for the doorbell is an aimable wedge mount that could more precisely aim the camera at the desired overall viewing area.

Thanking you in advance for your anticipated prompt reply.

instead of an error 07 now after update i get an error 09 when trying to play back events, doesn’t matter what I do, factory reset, update to my phone apps… all I can do is play live on my doorbell it’s a waste of Cam Plus my events work on all my other devices just not doorbell

How long before streaming video to Google Displays starts working. Currently all you get is a static picture.

This kind of defeats the purpose of replacing my Hello Doorbell. It would also be nice if there was an SD card to allow for 24/7 local recording or at least allow for 24/7 recording with Cam Plus. My Nest Hello Doorbell subscription records 24/7 and allows me to scrub through quickly. Announcements through my Google speakers would also be nice but Tasker has a finicky work-around for this. Better overall Google display for all of the Wyze cameras really needs to be implemented. I currently use TinyCam Pro because streaming to Google devices is significantly delayed and doesn’t always work.

I’m really confused when people replace expensive devices with cheap devices and expect the same or better functionality… the doorbell you replaced costs about $200 more than the wyze doorbell, what did you expect?

I expect it to stream to my devices. Everything else was a request/suggestion on how it could be better. Nothing more nothing less. As you can see I like Wyze cameras but also have Foscam, Blink and Yi and a handfull of others. If it streamed to my devices properly I could replace my Hello Doorbell and it’s subscription with the Wyze doorbell and their cheaper subscription.