Wyze Vacuum Spot Cleaning

I would absolutely love to have a feature where we can tell the vacuum to clean a specific spot via the app. Similarly, it’d be great to be able to manually control the vacuum through the app as well (tell it to turn left/right/go forward/reverse with a directional pad) I used this feature on a super cheap vacuum I had before my wyze vacuum and it was extremely handy to be able to control it towards an area i wanted cleaned, or to help it find its way back home.

Mod Note: Title Edited to Enhance Search Clarity.

Agree! Both of these would be amazing (also used them on a different brand robovac). Spot cleaning by being able to draw an area to clean is super useful when you accidentally drop something and want it to quickly go to that area to clean. An RC mode is also really useful for both manual cleaning and getting the vacuum to map a new area or to remap an existing area if you move some furniture.

2 Likes

Great idea!
Don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item @Gadmek!

2 Likes

As a user I would like to specify a room when manually starting cleaning so that I can clean specific rooms without using the schedule.

You should be able to do that now by selecting a room on the map and pressing clean. I do this often.

5 Likes

We have been using a Eufy for a while and it does ‘drive’ so when we got the Wyze vac that is the FIRST Thing she noticed.

We love the mapped vs random nature of the vacuuming, but Wyze vac doing all it can autonomously is a bit much. A little manual ‘guidance’ would be helpful.

The Eufy also does spot cleaning, something that we miss when we want to clean up a little mess in an area (like trimming the dogs toenails). The best thing would be to drive to the area and spot clean rather than doing the whole room each time.

2 Likes

Room naming, manual room dividers/edit room, no-go area and manual control. Mine just shipped and should be here soon so I apologize if any of those items it has already, just going off of what I have seen in reviews.

Would love to see you guys come out with an option for the Wyze robot vacuum to be able to place the vacuum in a spot in the room just to pick up something from the floor verses do the entire room sweep again. You should be able to just place a mark on the room mapping to have it go to just a specific area in the room just for that one thing verses cleaning the entire room.

2 Likes

So obvious now that you say it. Thank you, and thank you Wyze!

1 Like

1000% agree, and believe me there is no extra Zero by mistake here :smiley:

I am super surprised that the manual navigation is not there on this vacuum. If I want it to go to an area, I will have to keep blocking the other ways. Its very annoying. You cannot just pick it up and move, because that messes with the maps it already has. There has t be manual navigation option. This is much basic than what this robot is already capable of!

In my opinion, its like a super efficient 5G mobile phone which is missing basic calling capability! Its that obvious!
Please Wyze team … make this happen soonest. Pls don’t disappoint us!

4 Likes

I would like to see a app remote that can control the vacuum so it can override the current path. With a go home option also.

3 Likes

We need to have the manual option or add a specific area to the map if something is missing or needs to be cleaned in a short time duration

3 Likes

Actually just signed in here to suggest spot cleaning and found this. I think it would make a great addition.

Could use something like the red virtual wall tech, but make it green or blue. Give the zone a name, maybe an little icon of a couch, table, etc.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion Gadmek. +1 from me!

3 Likes

I have the base level roborock vaccum which does Spot cleaning. I think Map Editor and the capability to spot clean based on the map would be a great feature to have.

1 Like

Wyze Robot Vacuum is lacking spot cleaning. If I have a small mess I would like to be able to pick up the robot vacuum and place it on the floor and then have it clean that small area. My old iRobot vacuum had this. Another option would be to draw a box on the map and have it clean only that area.

1 Like

Yepp … if they can have virtual walls for no-go zones, I dont think its very difficult to do only-go zones … I would want to see this in the next beta release …

2 Likes

I have owned several robot vacuums and they all have had a remote with manual mode. I don’t always need to run the vacuum in a whole room just a spot. Or if the vacuum gets stuck I could drive it out of the spot with the remote. Please add this to the app.

1 Like

If the vacuum is stuck, meaning it needs attention to clear out the objects with the wheels etc. for ex, an office chair, it will get stuck on the wheels and can’t come out. If the wheels are tangled, manually need to remove the objects.
Not sure how does the remote helps in these scenarios to drive out?

No the vacuum goes in a corner, tight squeeze, and then can’t get out. Or goes under a table can’t figure out how to get back out. Because chair legs are in the way. Or the map gets randomly messed up and the vacuum can’t figure out how to get back home. Not something stuck in it.

1 Like

In my experience with Wyze Robot, it is pretty good at finding the charging station, even though you change its position, It will look in all rooms of course if it gets lost, but my point is we do not have to interfere in bringing back to the station.