Wyze Vacuum Scan Request/Mapping only

Looking at the vacuum, what it does first without a map is start tracing nearby walls. It allso seems to start looking at a square that is roughly 20ft x 20ft. This makes sense as it’s trying to get a good feel for the immediate area where it’s charger is before it can go further so it doesn’t get lost. However it leads to a very inefficient first pass where it cuts rooms sometimes into 4 separate passes because the square covered just a quarter of the room.

I was thinking it would be more efficient to build the map first. It can probably go faster and wouldn’t even have to turn on the brushes. just explore the area and identify the whole house. Then it can break up the house into rooms as it does and start tracing those and cleaning them one by one.

Another advantage of starting in SCAN or MAP only mode is not having to worry about things like wires or fringe getting sucked into it before you can add virtual walls to protect areas. Now I have to follow it around to pause it before it eats things while the map is developing and prior to being able to erect a virtual wall.

1 Like

I agree. On top of that if I could control it’s direction manually so I could force it to map a new room that would be helpful.

I agree, I’ve thought that it would be great if I could put a leash on it and pull it around the house/rooms in the direction that I’d like it to learn and it would create a mapped outline of each room/area/floor as I pull it around. Then having saved the outlined area map along with other items it sees I could edit the map to add virtual walls, followed by turning it loose to clean and map the cleaning pattern.

Would be nice to have the ability to save scanned rooms and then access them at a future time. For example, after mapping out a bedroom, being able to save it, name it, and then next time that room is vacuumed you can pull it up so that the vacuum already knows where it is.

“Quick mapping” has shown up in the latest beta firmware for the Wyze vacuum (the firmware is no longer available for download from what I’m hearing this evening). But the good news is it sounds like our voices were heard and it will hopefully be in the live version of the app/firmware soon. Preview some screenshots here: https://imgur.com/gallery/0lFLgzi

1 Like