Wyze Vacuum Scan Request/Mapping only (whole house or single room)

Rename rooms option is there in public version. I was able to rename before I started beta.

Is there any option to edit the charger position? I want to move the charger, but don’t want to reset the whole map which has all virtual walls and properly arranged rooms. How to do that?

1 Like

I have the same question about the charger position. Following…
Have these additional questions.
When the cleaning is in process, one of the bedroom door is closed.

1. How do I start the cleaning for the missed one?
  2. If I start a new cleaning schedule, will it start the entire area or will it find the missed room and proceed with it?
  3. Do I need to carry the base and leave in the room? If I do that, will the new room be in the map?
  4. It would be nice to have the option to direct/select where to go to the next, etc.?
  5. I have a big house with 2 floors, how are you guys handling for II floors? do we need to carry manually and let it run the map on Floor II and when done return the base to the floor I? How should I approach?

Has anyone encountered these situations or any ideas?

1. How do I start the cleaning for the missed one?
    There’s no way. If robot went out of charge and went back to station for charging, then, I believe it will pick from where it left off! But otherwise there is no way. You can do selective rooms, but no spot cleaning as of now.

You can check this forum and vote here:
https://forums.wyze.com/t/spot-cleaning-manual-control/156563

1. If I start a new cleaning schedule, will it start the entire area or will it find the missed room and proceed with it?
    As mentioned above.
  2. Do I need to carry the base and leave in the room? If I do that, will the new room be in the map?
    No. you don’t need to. Based on my experience, pls do not move your charging station unless its absolute necessary. There is no way to update the location of charger in the map. You will have to redo the whole map.
  3. It would be nice to have the option to direct/select where to go to the next, etc.?
    Thats what the last forum I mentioned is for. Pls vote if you agree.
  4. I have a big house with 2 floors, how are you guys handling for II floors? do we need to carry manually and let it run the map on Floor II and when done return the base to the floor I? How should I approach?
    No support as of now. If you need it on different floor, all the old maps will be lost. There is another forum for this one as well. I will check and provide the link.

Why do I need to have dustbin installed for just re-mapping? I have cleaned it and meanwhile I want to regenerate the map. But the bot is not ready to do it unless ghe bin is installed! Looks like a software bug here. Wyze team, could you pls check?

Here you go!

https://forums.wyze.com/t/ability-for-robot-vac-to-have-multilevel-maps-without-needing-user-to-switch-manually/154583

Thank you for the prompt responses. I have enabled Beta using the app settings, any idea on the extra features for the beta version and how much time will it take to enable or how do I know the beta features for the app once enabled?

Whenever the new beta version is released, you will see “what’s new” is added in there.

I meant from my App, how do I know that it was enabled, etc.? Not the actual Beta features.

Which feature? Mapping only feature? Under Map Editor, click on 3 dots and see if you have remap option there.

Nope, you guys have described the Beta features within the App. (not talking about the Map Editor) and few suggested to join the Beta version in the App.

Ok … the split and merge room options. You should see those options in the Map Editor, if you have beta version.

Yep! I have this feature. we can change the pointer as well right?

Umm … what pointer?

That could be the difference between iPhone vs android app. lol

Ahh … ok … i am using android. So no idea about ios app.

Has anyone tried to change the charging station while returning it to the station or while charging or before starting the new clean schedule?

While charging, I have moved the charging base and enabled return to charge, it found and continued charging, and noticed that no effect to the map or something. Will keep you posted what happens when we enable the cleaning. Hang tight.

Did it update the charger location correctly in the map?

Yes, It updated and returned to the station after cleaning. Need to thoroughly test whether screwed up the cleaning map, etc.