Wyze Vacuum - Ability to supress cliff detection in an area/room

I pre-ordered and have received our Wyze Vacuum and am pleased thus far. There are a few minor things I would love to see, but I am focussing on this one topic. We also own an iRobot Roomba 692 which is a model that wanders aimlessly, but does a decent job.

Both robots share a common problem. We have an area rug that is bordered with black and has black in various areas. See here. Both vacuums detect this as a cliff and will not enter the area to vacuum. If we place the vacuum on the carpet it just “bumps” into the black and changes direction.

Much like you can create a virtual wall, I would love to be able to define a “Safe zone” indicating it is free of cliffs/drops/stairs. It is conceivable that this could even save battery :wink: .

I hope this will be considered. I am a compete Wyze-ophile. To date I own 7 cameras, various sensors, Vacuum, Headphones, Outdoor plug, Indoor plugs, pre-orders for Door Cam and Watch. I cannot tell you how many other products I have encouraged others to buy. I care say I could call myself a true Wyze Evangelist.

Keep well.

MODERATOR NOTE:

Your submission has been merged (see below). For future reference, please search the #wishlist and #roadmap categories before submitting a new #wishlist topic. Use these links to search each category:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

You can now hop on over to the merged topic (see below) and VOTE for it. For your vote to count, you must click the VOTE button at the top of the page.

=======================

A post was merged into an existing topic: Vacuum cliff sensor bypass