Wyze v3 keeps disconnecting (error code 90)

My Wyze cam V3 keeps disconnecting after running well for about 10-15mins. It’s updated to the latest firmware 4.36.2.5.

Each time I repower it up, it will work for a while and then it disconnects again. I believe this is a bug. Is there a solution to this ?

My Wyze cam v2 works perfectly fine and if not for the fact that I couldn’t find another available for sale, I wouldn’t have gotten the V3 if I had known it was so buggy.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting? I suggest move the camera closer to your Wi-Fi source and let it run to see if it behaves the same. Just trying to rule out location issues being part of this. How congested is the Wi-Fi in your area? You said this is a disconnection issue so I’m just trying to get a picture of what the cameras working with in. What was in between your camera and its previous location and your Wi-Fi source, distance? Construction materials?

1 Like

Post the the Wyze app version, too.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Is the error 90 issue still there? If so could you PM me the MAC of your offline device and send me a SD card log?

To get the SD card log, you can pop out the SD card and re-insert it into the camera. After two chime sound you can take out the SD card. On a PC/Mac with a SD card adapter, please put your card inside and send me the log_XXXX.txt file under SD card root directory.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Hi

Thank you for getting back to me.

I use the camera without an SD card and I can only try out the steps within the next few days.

Please leave the ticket open for now until I try out and update you with the txt log file.

Thank you!!
Lena

Hi bzhu

Thanks for the attention.

Please find attached the info requested towards troubleshooting for me.

Thank you.

Regards
Lena.

(Attachment tutklog_7C78B26F41E5_20210813100119.txt is missing)

The txt attachment was rejected by your email system.

I am copying the content here for your reference.

{“IOTC Version”:“3.1.10.-14”,
“System Time”:“21-08-13 10:01:19”,
“TCP Relay Status”:“OFF”,
“My Nat Type”:2,
“Login Protocl”:“UDP”,
“LANConnectionTimeout(ms)”:1500,
“P2PConnectionTimeout(ms)”:1500,
“SessionAliveTimeout(ms)”:30000,
“Master Resolve Status”:“RESOLVE_SUCCESS”,
“P2PServerList Exist”:“YES”,
“VPG”:[49193,62209,61764],
“MSG_HELLO1_R Received”:“YES”,
“MSG_DEVICE_LOGIN_R Received”:“YES”,
“IOTC_Device_Login() Return”:“0”,
“Port Change Count”:0,
“Current Session Count”:0,
“connectionHandler Alive”:“Y”,
“tutk_SockTaskMng Alive”:“Y”,
“Server ip”:“198.27.81.184:10001”,
“Last RTT(ms) of login”:274,
“Send count of login msg”:10,
“Recv count of login resp”:10,
“Lost rate of login msg”:0,
“Last return value of _IOTC_SendDeviceLogin()”:288,
“Last login msg send time”:“10:00:43.345”,
“Last login_R msg recv time”:“10:00:43.619”,
“Server ip”:“104.149.165.18:10001”,
“Last RTT(ms) of login”:257,
“Recv count of login resp”:10,
“Lost rate of login msg”:0,
“Last login_R msg recv time”:“10:00:43.602”,
“Server ip”:“172.107.228.54:10001”,
“Last RTT(ms) of login”:222,
“Recv count of login resp”:9,
“Lost rate of login msg”:10,
“Last login_R msg recv time”:“10:00:43.568”}

1 Like

Thank you so much!

viewing camera gets error connection failed error code -90 log id 273639 tried disconnecting power. camera light is steady blue. tech support chat suggested writing here in beta forum. android wyze app v2.23.21 can’t view cam v3 4.36.3.19
Was able to resolve by removing camera from group adding to new group and then adding device back to original group new log 273880

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you PM me the MAC of your offline device and send me a SD card log?

To get the SD card log, you can pop out the SD card and re-insert it into the camera. After two chime sound you can take out the SD card. On a PC/Mac with a SD card adapter, please put your card inside and send me the log_XXXX.txt file under SD card root directory.

Thank you so much.

Why not make it easier for the user to send you the logs?

Why not have a dedicated support menu, maybe under “Account” that will cycle the log, and send it over along with the mac address? Asking the user to pop the SD card and re-input the mac address is prone to errors.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Because the device is usually offline when error 90 happens. The logs user submitted from a offline devices can’t be successfully uploaded to the cloud, so the only way to get log from error 90 devices is to get them from the SD card.

Really sorry for the inconvenience. We are investigating the V3 error 90 issue.

2 Likes

The SAME thing has happened to me and I just got this device. I keep getting an error 90 with both my V3 and I have the latest software. How can I fix this remotely? My internet is strong and connected.

1 Like

Well, not all of them. A quick glance in the forum and you see lots of issues where the camera isn’t offline.

At least include the mac address in the log.

Was able to reconnect and get new log 273880

I am having the same issue with my Wyze Cam v3. I was on a chat with Wyze support two days ago, and they had me remove the SD card, re-enter setup mode and add the camera to the app. Problem seemed like it was solved. Except that I checked the app today and the v3 is showing error 90. All my v2 cams are working fine.

Was the camera light a steady Blue?
Was still getting motion alerts from the camera but live viewing got Error -90
Removed camera from group into a new group by itself, force app closed reopen It seemed to work. Move camera back to original group. seemed to work normally after that

I don’t get a blue light, but I have the light disabled in settings. On startup I get a steady red that stays on for about 5 seconds, then the light goes out.

Yesterday, Wyze support had me remove this cam from its group, then remove it from the app, then factory reset the cam (60-second hold on setup button), then re-add it to the app. That worked. When I checked the app again a few hours later, the cam was disconnected, showing a code-90. Power-cycled the app and it reappeared. Checked this morning, once again disconnected with error code 90. Logs have been sent to Wyze, and I am told that the issue has been escalated.

There is clearly something wrong here. Given that there seem to be a few of us with this problem, seems likely to be software rather than hardware. But it is one of those, or maybe both. I have had a Wyze cam installed in this exact location, connecting to the same wifi hotspot, for years. It was a v2 until this Spring, when I upgraded it to a v3. This problem only started a few weeks ago.

Was also getting lots of v3 cameras losing sync when going to live view. Sometimes going to settings/advanced/sync time would bring it back. Since moving it to new group and adding it back it hasn’t had the same error. Have another v3 next to it and it didn’t have the problem. I didn’t reset the camera, just removed from the original group add it to a new group, then readd it to the original group. The weird part was that while it had the sync -90 errors it was still recording new motion alerts. The came with sync -90 has cam plus, the v3 next to it does not have cam plus.

1 Like