Wyze V3 Cameras - What are the Impressions on improved reliability and performance (over theV2)?

LOL… True true…

Yes… lol… Internet gods because sometimes that’s what it takes before the cameras and the Sense sensors act properly…

Bad part is that sometimes issues can’t be boiled down to just software or hardware related… Sometimes it is a combination of both! …

One of my V3’s has been good, the other disconnects randomly. Both on Google nest mesh wifi, both at same distance from the routers. Its funny because in the app the one that keeps disconnecting mentions “gathering video data” when I click on it. The blue light turns red on the front of the camera, and then nothing happens. Only way I can get the camera to work again is to unplug from power and plug back in.

I have had the v3 for a bit now. Setup was easy enough. I shared with my wife (non-beta). Her app does not see the v3. Amazon (show and firestick) sees it but says it is ‘unsupported’. I took the wyze 32g micro sd out of a v2. The v3 saw it but was unusable. I put it back in the v2, formatted, put back in v3, still unusable but it would let me format now. After that, the microsd worked. I submitted trouble over a week ago and never got a response… wait, I am beta tester, shouldnt you be reaching out to me for additional info on a bug? Is the picture better. Yes. Streaming any better than V2. No. Streaming from Amazon devices remains absolutely unusable. This needs serious attention. Constant buffering. (even though doesnt when viewing from app). When it gets dark enough the infrared turns on, picture quality is the same as the v2.

1 Like

I agree. I see Wyze now has a Watch. Wyze needs to focus on their cameras and their camera app. The outdoor wifi camera and now this v3 are all very buggy. The app is too. I get an event notification on my iphone. I tap that. Does it take me to that event? No. It takes me to a live feed of the camera. What the heck? The v3 is my last Wyze camera purchase. I’ll migrate over to Blink. I am a long time Wyze camera user, since day 1 of them. Their v2’s are good. Anything since then is buggy and not worth my frustration.

Is anyone from Wyze reading this?

I suspect the notification taking you to the live feed instead of the event is an intentional change to make notifications faster. Previously notifications were only sent when the clip was fully uploaded to the cloud and a lot of people complained about notifications being too slow and all the action was over by the time they were notified.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Hmmmm…I can buy that, but Wyze needs to communicate that change in the function of the Event Notifications and the app.

Is anyone from Wyze reading these comments?

Sometimes. :wink: Mostly not. I think Gwendolyn is the only one who’s supposed to, and she can’t monitor everything. There’s a hierarchy of volunteer mods and such.

I haven’t timed any of my motion-> notifications recently but if that is indeed the reason for the change I would personally prefer having notifcations be near instant and take me to live view than to wait say 15-20 seconds for the clip to upload just to have something ready to view when notified. The clips can be viewed at my leisure and are not going anywhere for 14 days.

1 Like

So I’ve had a help desk ticket going on my problem for 4 days now. All the person can keep saying to me is: update your app, select a lower quality streaming bit rate. ??? They do not even read what you say.

Uggh… Odd how it seems like only one of them is a tad problematic…

So it sounds like the power cycling method is what you’ve had to resort to when it disconnects and connnect reconnect for whatever reason… How frequently are you finding the need to plug and unplug in a week (or a day if its happening that frequently…)

I am using the Restart button the app. I have the camera outside on my patio so I’m not stepping out in the cold 3 times per day. Somewhere each night it locks up and at 7am when I go to open the camera live stream for the first time of the day, the camera gets stuck at step 3.

Nice… Good to see that there is indeed an upgrade to picture quality…

Odd the issue with a 32GB sized card… Is this the same brand you are using with the other cameras you are using? It seems like there are more issues that arise when using a card larger than 32GB…

Yeh, thats kind of a bummer that streaming is not where it should be (or I guess could be at…)… was definitely hoping that there would be noticeable improvement in hardware/software to allow it to be more streaming friendlier…

1 Like

I have this same issue. Problem before in V2 though was getting the notification, tapping on it, and then getting the message that there was no available video. This may be a way of delaying the viewing of the video for it to actually be ready to be viewed.

Have you tried scheduling a restart perhaps once or twice a day to see if that helps?

I agree as well… timeliness of notifications are important… If the notifications are timely, you can least be made more aware of whatever is triggering the notification… and then view the clip later on…

1 Like

The restarts can be a hit or miss and sometimes you need to unplug power to the camera, then replug power… to then find out you need to do a software reboot of the device again…

Finding the need to do this more often when the Wyze Sense sensors go offline…

I keep getting random offline issues after swapping a V2 for a V3. Not happy about that so far. Seems i see other people having this problem. Never had this problem with the V2 i had in place.

1 Like

You’ve never encountered a disconnect issue with your V2 cameras? (And now you are with the V3s? - Interesting…I wonder what can that be…How have resolved it when that occurs? Rebooting camera from the app? Or removing power to the camera, and the re-applying power to it? Or both?)

It comes back online by itself. And whats odd is if it detects motion it seems to bring it back online.

No. How? And the sad thing is why should we have to do this?