Wyze V2 Connection Fails

That’s the part that I don’t know how to do. I don’t know how to get it to my SD card.

1 Like

Do you have a way to plug your uSD card into your computer?
If there is no slot for it you may need a USB adaptor.

2 Likes

Wait, I think I just did it. I have the SD card in my computer. Now do I just put it back in the camera and try to add the camera back to my Wyze app? I had deleted it before because it wouldn’t connect and I was trying to add it again. Here is what my SD card looks like.

1 Like

OK, looks good. Sometimes you’ll need to delete the files on the uSD card using format.
Try it like it is, unplug the camera power, put in the uSD card and then you’ll need to hold the reset button down while plugging the camera power back in.

The video from @Omgitstony shows how to do this, helps if you have 3 hands. . .

3 Likes

You have been so patient with me! I can’t thank you enough. If this doesn’t work, I’m going to just buy another camera. I have literally spent 6 hours trying to fix this darn thing. You are a saint, dr know!!! ::

4 Likes

No worries, it will work, you just have to be persistent.
To be sure, format the uSD card then copy the demo.bin again to the blank card.
This procedure is good to know because there are times when an update doesn’t take and you’ll need to do this manual update procedure.

You have completed the most difficult part. :trophy:
Just have to get this image into the Camera NVRAM.

• Power off your camera and insert your microSD card.
  • Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button
    for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
  • Note: The “Solid Blue” in this case is not the same as the one normally
    seen on the camera. Instead, both the blue and yellow LEDs will be on at once,
    making it appear to be a lighter blue.
  • Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
2 Likes

My camera connected!!! Yay! However, I didn’t format my SD card first and copy the demo.bin again. I now have to have a bite to eat and go to bed because I have to get up early for work tomorrow and it’s 10:30 here.

Thank you again for all of your help! Enjoy what is left of your evening. I’m sorry I took up so much of your time. Good night!

4 Likes

My pleasure @Pupmom Yes, six hours is a long time but you have learned how this workd and had a success! Have a great rest and best of dreams. . . :sleeping:

Post back anytime, we are here to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

After you get the camera set up again, check the firmware version from the App.
If its up to date you’ll not need that demo.bin on the uSD card.

Personally think you’re a above avg. computer user and an even better student. Those screen shots were a great help. Good job!

On the down side, there is now a hold on the new firmware just installed. You can either live with it and wait for the modified version or we can help you download the previous version.

Click the “Solution” button if your OK with everything here.

3 Likes

You are too kind! I’m definitely not an above average computer user. FWIW, I’m 72 yrs. old, so look at it like you helped your very grateful grandmother. LOL

Both of my indoor V2’s have version 4.9.6.218, and so far both are working. I’d be afraid to attempt to go through all those changes to roll back to a previous version. Hopefully they will come out with the modified version soon and I can just update normally then. I will click the Solution button, and hopefully not have to bother you again. You really had unbelievable patience with me. Have a great weekend!

5 Likes

Its no bother @Pupmom, you are a joy to work with. :slightly_smiling_face: OK on the next update.

When you get the update notice, try doing one cam at a time. Keep your network unloaded for the download, avoid streaming or VoIP calls. Every single bit of that firmware binary file (.bin) has to be :100:% correct.
I’ve only had one download fail, think my computer was doing a backup at the time. Unitl next time :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Thank you for that tip! I will make sure to have everything clear and only update one cam at a time. I’ll be holding my breath the entire time. ::

6 Likes

Way to go @Dr.Know and @Pupmom ! This was an inspiring read. With a happy ending. :slight_smile:

4 Likes