Wyze V2 Connection Fails

I tried to update my firmware on my 2 V2 cams. One worked and the other failed. Now I cannot get that camera to connect. I deleted it and tried adding it again, and every time the connection fails. I’ve tried at least a dozen times now. I’ve rebooted my router, retyped my wifi password, and nothing works. Please help! It worked fine before this!

2 Likes

Sounds like a situation I had where a manual firmware flash brought it back to working. Check out this link, and check other threads in the forum here for others experiences with this. But I think this will help ya.

1 Like

Thank you, but I don’t know how to extract something and put it on the SD card. I’m not computer savvy.

1 Like

Here is a nice visual aid about flashing firmware.

1 Like

We think alike @Omgitstony, had that link and was waiting for your post, HA!

@Pupmom we can walk you through it and there are other videos on Youtube as well.
Basically download the firmware, [demo_4.9.6.218.bin.zip] when you click on the downloaded file you’ll see the image file inside: demo_4.9.6.218.bin

Copy that file to your uSD card. You’ll need to rename the file to demo.bin
Right click on the file and check the name is not demo.bin.bin

3 Likes

I have my SD card in my computer and I have copied the link to the firmware, but I don’t know how to add that to my SD card. Sorry to be such a pain, but I’ve never done anything like this before.

2 Likes

Do you have a windows computer?
You went to: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes
and clicked on the green numbers 4.9.6.218 and saved the file to your Downloads folder.
Am I correct so far?
Did you right-click on the file name and see the demo_4.9.6.218.bin file?

3 Likes

I right clicked and copied the numbers, but I don’t see how to add that to my SD card. I haven’t pasted that anywhere. Should I create a new folder in my SD card and name it demo.bin?

1 Like

When you were on the Release-Notes page you double-clicked on the Green numbers to download the file? It should have asked you were to save it or automatically saved it to your Downloads folder.

The Windows File Explorer shoud have automatically opened or you need to type “File Explorer” on the Windows icon, bottom left of your screen.

2 Likes

Well, that didn’t work. I made a new folder and tried to past what I had copied and nothing happened.

1 Like

OK, I had done that wrong. Now I have double clicked and I see that in downloads. How do I get it to my SD card now?

1 Like

OK, lets rename it here. Please reply with the complete name of the file you just downloaded.
It should have a fiel type of "Compressed (zipped) file with a size fo 8,776 KB

demo_4.9.6.218.bin.zip correct?

2 Likes

It says everything except zip on the end.

OK well right click on that file name and one of the menu items is “Extract All. . .” Choose that and extract to your desktop -or- the uSD card. Tell me which you chose

2 Likes

Ugh! I’m so sorry to be so stupid. When I right click on it there is no option to extract. I can open it, copy to, move to, etc. I don’t know which to choose.

1 Like

No worries. Are you on windows version 10

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Here is what I see when I right click:

1 Like

The file you are looking at is demo_4.9.6.218.bin and if you right click on it is there a drop down menu to show “Properties” ? (sorry my sloppy typing)

3 Likes

Yes, I have a screenshot above to show you what I’m seeing.