Wyze to launch home monitoring and security service

Had not officially launched, last statement I had seen was on Facebook that it would be launching shortly after 10am Pacific. Should be any moment.

It’s 30 mins passed already! Page still not publicly available.

No idea, I’m also interested in self monitoring. The page also states:

-No long-term contracts
Cancel anytime. We designed Wyze Home Monitoring to be straightforward.

Its coming

Sucks we can only use 1 redemption code…I need to use it for my free V3’s, so my other codes are all unusable…Amazon Pay, $10 off, $5 off, 10% off, etc. I thought they said the 10% off was supposed to be stackable…but it wouldn’t even allow me to enter in a second code while I was going through checkout. :sob:

1 Like

I agree, I would like a stand alone system that lets me monitor what I want. I was hoping for a more robust Wyze Sense replacement…not another paid service.

1 Like

I like the idea and the cost. However, the competition (Simplisafe) uses cell service along with wifi which, in my opinion, is a distinct advantage even with the increased cost. Loss of wifi can occur for a any number of reasons which can make the system useless.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried ordering today? I get “The payment is refused” regardless of the browser, card, etc. that i use. Also, while it originally accepted my 10% code and added free shipping (for orders over $99), it’s now rejecting the code. I don’t see any verbiage in the email regarding an exclusion of pre-order items, so i’m not sure what’s going on. Also, whereas phone support was offered this morning, it seems limited now to email only. I wonder if this is due to lunch breaks or if it’s indicative of a larger problem.

Do you know if the service would be available to Canada (if we managed to get our hands on the product) ?

1 Like

Exactly what im wondering too.

I wonder if integrated fire and carbon monoxide detection will eventually be available. Most other systems already have this feature

I have been able to order today, I have not seen other reports of a similar issue

Yep, orders are working. I placed an order today that was about $250 before my discount code was applied.

Maybe?

Did anyone use the straight credit card option, or Amazon Pay. I finally got the order to go through, absent the discount code, with Amazon Pay…which leads me to believe something was wrong with the ECommerce side and the normal merchant account.

So I guess maybe then damn…

Maybe. I had a guy in another forum tell me that he processed his order with Amazon Pay and the $5 WYZE5PAY code worked for him.

I used Amazon Pay as well, but I had to use my code for 5 free V3’s instead so I could get the free shipping for all those, and then it wouldn’t let me use any of my other codes :sob: Oh well.

1 Like

Same for Ring Alarm too. To me…the cellular backup is almost a must. If an intruder cuts your internet first…you’re in trouble.

1 Like