Wyze Thermostat wheel makes scraping noise. Annoying. Anyone Else?

So I got my Wyze Thermostat installed and functioning today only to find one major annoyance. Wyze bragged on this wheel so so so much. I am coming from Nest which has a smooth, silent turning mechanism. I don’t mind the click, click of this wheel as it will be nice to have incremental control at that level.

The problem is, every 3-4 clicks I also hear a scraping noise. It isn’t right. It shouldn’t be there. It can’t be intentional. Does anyone else have this issue. If this is a part of the device, can someone at Wyze explain why? If not, wouldn’t this require a replacement device (not the mounting plate or anything else, just he thermostat itself.

I’m not having this issue. You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support (click the chat icon in the lower right corner to start a live chat)
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

1 Like

Really, is this what a forum is for? Making the first advice to contact customer service? Perhaps you should back off and let the community actually address this before you curtail conversation with your suggestion to contact customer service. I am well aware that there is “customer service” and whether I contact them or not has NOTHING to do with a post to the forums.

Hi @pthalodezin. Sorry to hear you are having an issue here with the thermostat.
Please keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user Forum. @Brlepage is a volunteer like all of us who has a lot of experience with Wyze products and feely gives time to try to assist others. I don’t have any personal experience with the Thermostat and can’t assist you but I’m sure that if @Brlepage recommends contacting Support it’s because he recognizes you may have an issue needing higher level of assistance
In no way does this prohibit or close down any other user responses.
Hopefully someone else on the Forum will see and respond to solve your issue but if not I also would encourage you to contact Support.

2 Likes

That’s just it, I didn’t come to a peer-to-peer forum to be told to go talk to customer service. I can do that all on my own without someone piping in to say it. If @Brlepage had experience with this device or this problem, he/she sure didn’t make that known. And what does being a volunteer have to do with any of this. It is a human being short circuiting a conversation by pushing it to customer service. It is a bad practice. That type of comment, which is OBVIOUSLY cut & paste isn’t necessary, at least not until many posts down the road & no solutions. If no one responds, that is fine, but to chime in like that shows some disrespect for what public forums are.

I beta tested this thermostat and there were no reports of this issue. I’d suggest contacting support because this sounds like a defective unit.

1 Like

Just got mine and its wheel is making a noise as well :frowning: Unlike the OP it’s a squeak, like rubber on plastic. Using the tab from the dial’s cover as a reference it makes the noise from around 10:00 - 6:00 while turning (clockwise and counter) and is most prominent around 2:00 - 3:00, where there is some additional friction as well. Seems like the dial might not be seated correctly.

I’ll be contacting customer support as well, just wanted to chime in with a similar “me too”.

1 Like