Wyze thermostat, the current network is not good?

Anyone else have this issue?

I have lots of other wyze products and never seen this issue with either of them, my network is fine.

Welcome to the Wyze community @jredecop!
Have you tried forcing close of the Wyze app and opening it again? How do your devices work after doing this?

What happens when you press “try again”?

It takes me to a page showing my wiring is correct. I hit next, then begin on the next page and then same message. It’s a loop. I’ve done a factory reset on the thermostat. Closed app and relaunched. Deleted app and reinstalled. Tried another router. Nothing works. Called tech support, they don’t know either. I bought 2 and they both doing this.

How far a yaw is the the from your router or access point? Is there anything that could possibly be causing this issue? It seems that it may be a network issue.
Make sure your WiFi is 2.4 GHz and your phone is connected to it during setup.

My access point (ubiquiti) is about 4’ away. My phone has full bars and WiFi speeds of 400+ where the thermostat is at. Tech support had me install the routethis helps app and confirmed it’s not my network. Yes my network is broadcasting both 2.4 and 5. No other 2.4 devices have any issues.

Did you ask for replacements?

No I’m just going to return these. I don’t think it’s the devices. Funny thing I was able to update them under firmware update in the account tab where it shows all my devices. They are definitely connected, some other issue.

Could it be you phone? Is there anything unique about your network that may cause this?

I am having this same issue.

Hopefully you get it figured out. I gave up after spending way too much time on this. I’m trying to return the two I ordered and getting no response. And now they are in my device list and I can’t delete them cause I can’t go to the settings page.

Having the same issue here. Can’t delete the device to start over or go into the settings page.

I’ve been trying to return these devices with no response from Wyze. Can anyone help?

Do you have a ticket number?
Try calling first and let me know how it works.
(206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Ticket 1069399. I’ve called with, we’ll get back to you.

Try calling again. Sometimes they are busy. I’ll try to get this ticket looked into.

1 Like

Having the same issue here. Can’t delete the device to start over or go into the settings page. Waiting to see what your outcome is

Welcome to the Wyze community @skiff4water!
Can you delete it from the app?
Try holding down the thermostat knob for 10 seconds to reset it.

Doesn’t work. Let’s you start setup again but get stuck in the same spot.

Same issue here.