Wyze Thermostat Schedule not Running

I installed my Wyze Thermostat yesterday and it is working great with one exception, The Schedule is not running. I set up the blocks for each date group, Week end and Week day for Home, Away and Sleep. However, the thermostat is still operating under the “Temperature Preferences” mode and not following the schedule with the preferred temperatures. How do I switch the unit to schedule mode?

Why was my post removed. I Can’t get the schedule to work on the device and there is no other way to get support.

@ant_San_Diego Welcome to the Wyze community! Your post was moved to the relevant category so the community can help with your question.

If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I recommend calling Wyze live customer support.

Wyze Support (206) 339-9646

Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

All, I spoke with Customer Support today and what we learned (Tech Support included) is that in order for Android phones to support the controlable hardware devices you must turn on the “Enable Hardware Decoder” setting in the App. To do so, go to the Home page of the app, and select Account in the bottom right corner. Scroll down to App Settings and you will see the Hardware controller toggle. Make sure, or change it so that it is to the Right and highlighted Green. You Then should do a force Stop to the app in your phones settings (varies per device) and then re start the app. Do a test schedule to ensure it is working.

Ant.

I just experienced this myself. It’s silly the wall thermostat can’t sync these settings without the app being on. Thanks for the fix.