Wyze Thermostat making clicking noise

B is C on your furnace.
You don’t need to use the adapter, just take that blue wire that is wrapped around your thermostat wire on the top right of that picture and strip the end and connect it to the B terminal with the white wire that goes to the outdoor unit.
Connect the other end of the blue wire by your thermostat to the C terminal on the wyze backplate.

Thank you so just so I understand correctly I need to strip the blue wire that is wrapped on the top right of the picture and attach it to the B terminal.
Below is a picture of how my thermostat is currently sitting and I don’t see where the B wire would go.

Your current thermostat uses batteries for power. The wyze will use C and Rc for power. If you pull on the wires gently, you should find a blue wire. It might be in the wall still. Let’s hope that whoever installed the wire left you some slack inside the wall.

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to respond and I tried a bunch of things but what ended up working was just running a new 18/5 wire from the thermostat mount to the furnace. I’m now in business and I do appreciate your effort!

your current thermostat will be gone. There is a C terminal in Wyze. attach blue wire.

what you need is to fish that blue wire in the wall.

You have a Wyze Tstat ?

I am having the same issues but cannot resolve…anyone willing to provide assistance?

Sure,

Kindly provide old thermostat wiring, wiring on unit it thermostat is connected to.

And new Wyze thermostat wiring and what is happening and we will be able to assist.

You may have 1 picture allowance so collage your pictures to get multiple pics in on shot.

Gj

1 Like

I adjusted @Garcia27 trust level so they should be able to upload multiple pics now.

Thanks!!..I actually disconnected the wyze thermostats and now can’t get my furnace to turn back on after wiring as they originally were…attached is only the pictures I too km during the wyze setup…

Hey Garcia.

Looks like you have everything needed to make this work.

Make sure power is off.

At your furnace/handler you have unused wires coiled around the sheeth.

We need the blue wire.

Also when you removed the old thermostat, I believe you should have the same unused wires there as well.

Connect blue wire to the handler to C

Then Take the blue wire behind the thermostat and connect to c wire on the Wyze thermostat.

Then follow this wiring for the rest in the picture

Ok, so connect the 4 wires(y,w,r,g) from the furnace to the wyze adapter…and then connect those 4 wires from the adapter to the control board but dont connect the c wire from the adapter and use the blue wire from the furnace to the control board? …also, does it matter if I have two zones/thermostats?

20201229_180656|375x500

As long as you can pull a bit more thermostat cord out of the wall, and extract the blue that is cut off there and plug it into the wyze, you dont need that adapter. Ignore it.

I started this particular thread, but had to take a timeout for Christmas and sanity sake. Here are the pictures of my wiring after following the directions from wyze and using the blue wire as the c wire at the furnace and thermostat. There appears to be no power to the thermostat. Have I done something wrong with the wiring?

I started this particular thread, but had to take a timeout for Christmas and sanity sake. Here are the pictures of my wiring after following the directions from wyze and using the blue wire as the c wire at the furnace and thermostat. There appears to be no power to the thermostat. Have I done something wrong with the wiring?

Looks good. do you have a multimeter or another way to check to make sure that you have at least 25V AC between R and C?

So far most clicking sound problems that I’ve helped people troubleshoot have been bad or intermittent hot or common. check your wires to make sure they haven’t stress fatigued by turning off the power and pulling on the copper part while holding the insulation back a ways. Don’t pull super hard, just check to make sure they are not broken under the insulation. Did your previous thermostat work without batteries?

I have a voltage tester, but it is not picking up a current. I’ll check the wires. The previous thermostat had batteries.

1 Like

check at furnace board betwern C and R at both connectors.
Do you know which of the two blue wire to thermostat? if there is no volt. move the wire to the other blue wire terminal if there is voltage there.

If you have a zone panel (like I do), and it has its own power (like mine in the form of a small transformer), maybe worth checking out the wiring diagram for the zone panel. Both my thermostat wires ended at the zone panel and there is where I had to connect the unused c cable (for one that had five wires) and the c adaptor for the other (which has only 4 cables). My zone panel diagram showed the c wire would connect to terminal m1 for each zone (same where motors for damper also connect)

I am getting the same thing from a brand new install of two thermostats. I installed the C wire adaptor but I just hear clicking from the thermostats.

I am using Rc, Y, G, W wires.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=56d6464225&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1696692899317551718&th=178bdd33d4c01266&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_-OG5ZfaFjL7j9QuDzFdcg5rLjazqmmiehgbFv_rsNPoRsj9h8qROdPFbAA_qwoCGBrZTZ0Zx3PVd3G5xqxjbY1sAyFY2xW9u9bXKxWrScbAkU0vmmpBv577M&disp=emb

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=56d6464225&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1696692899317551718&th=178bdd33d4c01266&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_G5jrNJwgUkB87Gep6NA7Oww4vN3NM7FUm_VWGnKbNMXFVOUNAzA0-7kflhFyobKuiJCSvUJM1IAonEWIxvyhuZC7uwjest5SHFSa53S460-rQ0cBhXpeDmhs&disp=emb

So place a lead on the Rc and the other lead on Y for example? Do this at the thermostat location or hvac circuit board location? Thanks.