Wyze Thermostat Installation

I am trying to install the new thermostat and keep getting an error message that the “G” wire isn’t connected. I have checked and rechecked and keep getting the same message. I’ve looked through some of the posts and have found similar issues, but am confused on how to fix this issue. My house has a heat pump, was built December 2019. During the installation steps, no where was I asked what type of heating/AC system I have.

Here is the old wiring:

And here is what I was instructed on where to place the wires for the Wyze thermostat:

I’m hoping someone can explain what I need to do to correct this issue. Thank you!

Welcome to the Wyze community @dfader1018!

Is there an option to “ignore” this error? IF so, try it and see if everything works fine . This may be a bug.
If not, Make sure that all wires are pushed tight into the terminals on the thermostat so the tab doesn’t come all the way back up. I’d also try hard resetting your thermostat by holding the knob down for 15 seconds or until the thermostat reboots, then try setup again.
If this issue continues, contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

This will be asked after all wires are connected. The thermostat needs all wires connected to do the system test.

1 Like

Thank you for responding. There isn’t an option to ignore the “G” wire issue unfortunately. I have checked the installation of the wires numerous times, uninstalling and reinstalling the thermostat. I’ve also reset the thermostat several times as well, and still get the same error message.

I’ve read in other threads that I might need to wire the Wyze thermostat differently than what is instructed, since I have a heat pump? If this is true, does anyone know how I should wire it?

Thank you!