Wyze thermostat install help

Wyze thermostat with no C-wire on control board

Hello I’m trying to connect the Wyze tstat and I have less than common knowledge of Hvac .

I followed the instructions to a tee but ran into a road block when I realized there was no “c” wire on my control board . There is a “com/24v” that connects to my “y” which I understand is the “c” wire ? Pics attached any help would be appreciated.

Yes, com is C. In your case, the red and wires that go into the same bundle and are connected to com and Y should be left where they are, and the C adapter should connect in series with the other wires as the instructions recommend.

Gotcha so just follow instructions and place the c from the adapter into the com port with the other com cable still in place correct ?

Gotcha so just follow instructions and place the c from the adapter into the com port with the other com cable still in place correct ?

Yes. and leave the Y cable that is paired with that C cable in the Y port as well. You only want the cables from the thermostat to go to the C adapter, and that pair of cables goes to your air conditioner.