Wyze Thermostat: Garage Mode

So annoying. I reached out to support. The problem is that this is literally costing me money. It’s -20 degrees in minnesota. My garage does not need to be 50 degrees. I would be happy at 30 or 35 for the next few weeks.

But wyze thermostat is refusing to let my garage get any colder than 50, which is a problem when there outside temperature is 70 degrees colder…

1 Like

Yup it is such an easy fix to allow us to set a minimum of 6 degrees and up from there. I have no idea why they would start at 10

1 Like

I’m going to try the temp offset bandaid to try to get the temp down to 40 at least.

For those throwing money out the garage windows, you might want to put $17 into something like this in the meantime.

After over 2 months, I think I’ll have to put the old Mercury tstat back up, at least then I know what temp it will be. The Wyze is just to unpredictable, to many issues to list and they seem to not care. All they seem to want to do is expedite new products
Let’s just fix some issues in the products to have
They said there opening tstat to all markets, wow a joke,

I used a 10 degree offset so now when it’s 40 actual degrees the thermostat says 50. It’s a fix for now but they really should address this.

2 Likes

I totally agree a 40 degree minimum would be well received. I for one really need that!

1 Like

Allow to set the thermostat to at least 32 degrees minimum and not 50.

I bought this to use in my garage. I live in Michigan. I don’t want to keep my garage at 50 degrees for the 90% of the time I’m NOT in it. I do want to keep it 35 degrees to keep it above freezing. Not sure why 35 degrees wouldn’t be an obvious minimum, not 50 degrees. My previous Insteon Venstar tstat went down to 35, unfortunately I’ll have to put that back in until this feature is added.

1 Like

Agreed. Same situation with my cabin in Michigan. I bought the Wyze thermostat to match the one at my main home. My Honeywell is still in use set at 40 degrees.

2 Likes

I am so glad to see others have the same question as me…Why is the minimum temperature setting 50 degrees? This is very maddening. I want to set mine to 40 as a minimum for my lake house. Can’t Wyze make that adjustment possible please???

2 Likes