Wyze thermostat does not show "Heat" mode

I installed 3 Wyze thermostats in my house for different areas. 2 of the 3 thermostats do not show a “Heat” or “Auto” option in the modes. Only “Cool” and “Off”. So, I can’t heat those areas. 1 of the 3 has all options. This is both on the thermostat interface and the Wyze app.

I switched the working one to the area where the non-working one is, and the Heat mode still shows. So, it doesn’t seem like it’s a wiring issue.

I looked at all device options in the app and scoured online for any answers without luck.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Welcome to the community @krystidave

Basic question and I am sure you checked, but are the Firmware versions the same on all the Thermostats? at least the same as the one which works?

Yes they’re all the same. 1.1.8.

I am sure you have the wired correctly as you have one which works and can move it from location to location. Assuming, you did not rewire for the Thermostat as you moved it.

I have read where individuals have redone the setup process to correct weird issues like this, you could try that and see if it resolved the issues.

If all else fails, you could contact Wyze. You can do this by going to Support.wyze.com and then go to the bottom of the page, there is a selection for phone support or Chat. If you Chat, you will be prompted with a few questions to which you will need to answer. As you progress, you will hit a section which asks if any of the options helped (if I recall correctly), if you say no it will take you to creation of a ticket and you will be emailed.

Phone is normally faster, but not sure with all the disasters happening recently. Here is the contact number in case: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 4 am - 8 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT, or online: Wyze.com/support

Yep - already called Support. They couldn’t solve it and sent a ticket to their Engineering group saying I’ll get an email response. We shall see.

1 Like

Will be interested in the findings as I have to hook my Thermostat up as well. :slight_smile:

Show pictures of the wiring at the thermostats. Also share pictures of the zone controller and furnace boards.

I have the same issue and I have no heat. Thankfully I live in South Florida.

UPDATE: My third Wyze thermostat crapped out on me. Got stuck on the WYZE screen. Never got the other two to show the HEAT option. I used these thermostats for a rental property in order to monitor usage which was a huge mistake as the tenant was really upset the units weren’t working.

I’m sorry but Wyze quality has gone downhill since they’ve rolled out more products. Customer Service is a joke too. Feels like they’re trying to scale too fast and are losing some quality control.

Switching back to Nest thermostats that I’ve used for years before without ever a single issue.

1 Like

Have to agree with the comments on quality and support. Both don’t cut it

Had two thermostats crap out on the same day and at the same time! Wyze couldn’t help even after I sent the files they requested.

Needed thermostats immediately due to 95 F temps and bought two more ( since Wyze kept stalling me with their script for troubleshooting.

Now 1 of the units doesn’t show heat as a control. It did at first. Both are the same firmware.

Guess I’ll install Nest or Honeywell and send these back

PS. I WORKED AS AN ENGINEER IN THE ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY. ID HAVE BEEN REASSIGNED GIVING HELP LIKE WYZE

1 Like

Has anyone solved this? My thermostat has no option for Heat, only cooling.

Welcome @AO99

I have a Wyze T-Stat and it is functioning without issues. In order to help, can you provide the following:

• iPhone Wyze App Version
  • Thermostat Firmware Version
  • Picture of your Wiring for the Thermostat
  • Picture of your HVAC system Controller Board where the wires connect to.

Note: The Y connector is for AC and W is for Heat, so if the W is not connected or fully connected, you could have issues.

In addition, during setup, you need to select the correct system type (Heat Pump or Conventional). If you are using a Heat Pump, it could be as simple as changing a setting in the Thermostat Setup area.

as always, need to see images of the following to diagnose your problems:
old thermostat wiring
new thermostat wiring
furnace/ air handler wiring
and, for your issue, what wires did you tell the wyze your old thermostat had

1 Like

Seems pretty simple if you’re talking about a zoned system, meaning one HVAC system (both heats and cools) but you have two thermostats. Likely what is happening is that each zone will have a different color conductor for the common. So both my thermostats wired color for color Red, White, Yellow, green, then black to the “C” connection on the 1st thermostat and blue to “C” connection on the 2nd thermostat. My Zone Controller is mounted to the wall near my HVAC unit. The Zone Controller has wiring to the controller board in the HVAC unit. Not to over complicate things, I did not need to change any wiring inside my HVAC unit nor on my Zone controller. I also did not need to add that adaptor for non-“C” wire systems. I did have to remove the cover on the Zone Controller to see which color “C” wire was connected to the Zone 1 thermostat and what color was connected to the Zone 2 thermostat. In my case zone one was black for the “C” and Zone 2 was a Blue for the “C”. Any jumpers at the thermostats were removed during install. Hope that helps