Wyze Thermostat Beta Test 9/21/2022

Wyze Thermostat Beta:

Version: 1.2.4.a2

What’s New:

• Improved the firmware update success rate
6 Likes

@WyzeAndy @WyzeJasonJ

Just tried to do the update and both times it failed.

Log Submitted: 723822
Android App Version: 2.35.0.b80
iOS App Version: 2.35.0.b6
Current Firmware version: 1.2.3
Current Plugin Version: 2.35.1

• Attempt 1: I did it from the mass FW update page, it gave me the Update Failed to the right of the FW
  • Attempt 2: I went to the actual T-Stat and was prompted for the FW Update, I tap on it and it took me to the FW screen where I clicked update. Waited and then saw the OOPS Sorry something went wroing and it restarted the T-Stat and stayed on the current version.
  • Attempt 3: Tried doing the update via iOS. Same issue as mentioned above.

I will remove the T-Stat from the wall later and see if that helps.

Also I just noticed that when you are updating the FW, it actually says Upgrading. I believe it should say Updating. In the app it shows both: Updating at the top and Upgrading in the middle. Just a thought:

EDIT

Just removed the T-Stat from the wall for about 30 seconds or so, put it back in place and tried the update. Still a no go.

3 Likes

Exact same issue as you mentioned, fails to update as well. I will try some other steps later when I have free time to see if I might be able to get this to update or not.

Tried resetting the network and pulling the device off the wall, no luck.

3 Likes

@WyzeAndy @WyzeJasonJ

No luck on the FW update for the T-Stat as provided above.

Is there anything you would like me to try?

1 Like

Same, no luck. Tried mass update page as well as device page. It is showing “Upgrading…” on screen, but it doesn’t finish.

2 Likes

Failed the first try, but succeeded with the second attempt.

2 Likes

Did you do anything different to get it to work?

What device did you do this from?

Android Pixel 6 pro was the device I used. And, all I did was tap “try again” when it failed. And that second time was when the update suceeded.

2 Likes

I am trying again this morning Pixel 6 as well with Android 13. You on Android 13?

Yep. Android 13 here too.

1 Like

we shall see then. Thanks

EDIT

@rmorgan , I did exactly what you did. Got the Failure said Try again and it completed. Not sure why this is.

I know I did that last night, but maybe I was dreaming. :slight_smile:

Thanks

3 Likes

I can neither confirm nor deny this, but it feels like to me the first attempt “wakes” up the thermostat, and then it’s ready to receive the update on the second attempt.

Glad it worked for you, though.

2 Likes

I was 5hinking that as well or that it times out before done and if you click try again, it continues from where it left off and finished.

But either way it has been installed.

Thanks again

I didn’t do anything differently I just went back and told it to update and it’s now accepted and updated. :confused::confused:

3 Likes

I am going to try tonight now that there has been some success… Although I am pessimistic.

Isn’t it just screaming with irony that this update:

3 Likes

Interesting, I tried 2 more times today and then did the retry and it worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely :slight_smile:

But I guess this is why we perform testing. Even installations need to be tested.

1 Like

Performed the update from the thermostat screen pop-up. Was successful first time. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE running Android 12

2 Likes

Coming from version 12.3 this update failed on the 1st attempt.
I clicked the ‘update failed’ button to install it again and it succeeded.
IPhone 12 Pro Max IOS 16.0

1 Like