Wyze support is Garbage - What's your experience?

I’ve only had good results from Wyze support, both ticket-wise and calling in, but I predicted that this would slip.
Just look at how diverse the Wyze portfolio is now? The company started with a camera and now it’s door locks, sensors, bulbs, thermostats and sprinklers (they are going to regret these, believe me! - it’s one thing for a customer to put up a camera and another one for them to wire their own Tstat and sprinkler, and if you wire a sprinkler wrong, that’s a fire hazard, it’s easy for many but some people are going to do it wrong), smartwatch, dbc, robovac etc. etc.
It’s too much, too fast, imho and I’m sure they haven’t expanded their support staff by that much.

For something as important as a product that caught fire, I would find the time to call, but good luck to you moving forward.

1 Like

My experience is that it can take weeks for Wyze to respond to tickets that I’ve submitted via email. The support I get once they respond is absolutely wonderful though. If you need immediate assistance (which I definitely would if something catches fire) then you probably want to call them instead. I’ve never done that, but from what I read on the forums it seems that the time to get somebody on the phone can vary wildly, from minutes to hours.

There’s a reason I’ll never use a Wyze product that is involved with or controls a critical component of my house. For the same reason I wouldn’t trust something from Harbor Freight that if it fails, means certain maiming or death (car lift, extension ladders, yard power tools, etc.).

It appears to many that Wyze, since the launch of the Lock, have been using the general public as beta testers, rushing product to market to get the revenue infusion. I don’t mind the inconvenience for something like Cam V3 or the Robot Vaccum, to an extent. But there’s zero chance I want to wait 21+ days for an email response or 60+ minutes on hold to talk to a person when my thermostat won’t kick the heat on when it’s -2 F outside. Likewise for the lock and the sprinkler system. The support experience has been getting progressively and considerably worse over the last 18 months.

2 Likes

You nailed it as far as I’m concerned. I only own the cams and won’t be buying anything other than the cams.

Edit: Crap, I forgot I did get sucked into pre-ordering a watch. I ordered it so long ago I totally forgot about it. LOL

2 Likes

Yes there’s a queue which takes time to process, however from my experience it is black and white.
long waits are avoided by employing sufficient numbers of appropriately trained staff to service your customers within the timescales you set.

Wyze have failed to do this resulting in people waiting days or weeks for support.

As for assuming the product is at fault, the point is Wyze are in no a hurry to find out why it caught fire so how do people trust their products not to cause a fire.

Even without the fire risk why would people choose Wyze given the ridiculous wait for support.

ans. People choose Wyze given the ridiculous low prices. :heavy_dollar_sign:

Same reason I choose Harbor Freight. Sometimes just need a tool for one job, time isn’t critical and about the same price for renting. Zero time returning tool and waiting for deposit.
Not to mention, who bothers to steal a HF tool :joy:

You’re not wrong, that’s certainly why I chose Wyze cams as at that point I’d not done enough product research to invest $$$$$$ getting proper security cameras installed.

However critical equipment controllers are a different matter. IMO choosing low quality equipment for those things is just not worth the hassle.

Agree @a3fb65ebb1afc7641c29
When Wyze starts selling automotive brake parts, I’m out. :rofl:

Looks like your name came from a password generator. Are you an A.I. Denizen? :brain:

Omg Wyze brake parts. Your brakes have lost connection, please try later.

No I’m not A.I. Denizen, is just the user name that was added automatically when I first came on here. It didn’t offer an option to change it that I noticed.
Maybe Wyze use a password generator to add user names.
Thought about changing it a couple of times but dont know how and I’ve got used to it now.

@a3fb65ebb1afc7641c29

So your children would be a3fb65ebb1afc7641c29.1 and a3fb65ebb1afc7641c29.2 ?

:grinning:

Oh sure, any chat bot would say that their name was automatically generated. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
We could use the Alan Turing test except for Goodhart’s Law & Campbell’s law. :nerd_face:
How will we ever know for sure? :thinking:

You got me, I am a chat bot.

Unfortunately you are too late, I’ve already hacked all your Wyze cams.

Put some pants on will you.

2 Likes

I received chat support that solved my sprinkler problem, (operator error) about 1 minute wait, 4 minute chat -timely response for me

1 Like

Terrible support. I wish I have never bought this system. It sucks!

Are you experiencing issues with support, if so do you have a ticket number?
Is there anything the community might be able to help/answer for you?

One of the log numbers is 217987 among many I have submitted without response. Always sent back to Wyze Support and not finding the answer to my problem.

Their support system is the worst. Impossible to contact real support.

Basically my problem is that my Sense Hub us at 0% battery according to the display. The Blue Lights are on even if I pulled the charging plug. It makes no sense to me. I know it has a battery back which seems to be completely dry but it is not recharging.

I reset the sense hub, change the charging cable, change the block and nothing works.

When I press the reset button, complete silence. No " Ready to connect".

Don’t know what else to do. It was working fine initially.

Don’t know what happened.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi @juanbim01 and welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:
0% battery according to the display Not sure what that is. . . .

You’ll need to open a ticket with Wyze Support.
Then associate those log file numbers with your support ticket.

Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Phone and chat support will be unavailable from Saturday, May 29th to Monday, May 31st for Memorial Day weekend. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, June 1st.

2 Likes

Hi!

I have not been able to open a ticket. Everytime I go thru the app ( Wyze Support) it keeps asking to rephrase the question and does not give me an alternative to contact a live person.

It is very frustrating and difficult to find support.

Hi @juanbim01 - Understand Wyze is closed today but the phone usu gives better results.
That being said, to get to a case number from eMail support and list your log file numbers just put in any nonsensical answer (e.g. the kangaroo ate my homework).

Continue with NO answers until you finish the suggestions.
Eventually get to “Contact Support” & “EMAIL” prompt where you’ll be able to enter your trouble statement, contact info. and any Log Numbers you wish to associate.

Then. . . you’ll get an eMail with generic suggestions, etc. Reply with additional comments and keep a record for when you call Wyze later to follow up. Keep in mind there are other tickets held in check by this holiday weekend.

So what model “Sense Hub” do you have? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for all your help!

Tomorrow I will be calling first thing in the morning.

Below is a photo of the label describing the equipment bought to Wyze.

Hope it helps!