Wyze Sprinkler Plus not skipping

I have installed the Wyze sprinkler controller with sprinkler plus. It has a rain bird rain sensor connected to it. I am in Central Florida where it rains every day, but the smart schedule does not skip watering consistently. Any suggestions?

I was in the same situation you are. Depending on the model and connection method of the rain sensor it doesnt read right. For starters I would try switching the 2 wires from the rain sensor to the wyze controller. Mine started working correctly after that.

PS, also in CFL so I can assure you there have been plenty of skips lately :slight_smile:

I’ll give that a try, thanks. The rain sensor doesn’t do a great job of sensing rain levels itself.

Isn’t the sprinkler controller supposed to use local weather forecasts to skip as well? That doesn’t seem to be happening.

This is a question that has been asked a few times, which results into the frustration that there is a real lack of (in depth, technical) documentation on how this unit works.

For example, I am pretty sure the current understanding and agreed upon answer to your question is that once a external rain sensor has been added it overrides the Sprinkler Plus rain/weather prediction component.

If anyone from Wyze wants to correct or confirm that understanding it would be awesome :slight_smile:

Interesting, thanks. I’ll disconnect it and see what happens.

Not just disconnect, make sure you that you unselect it in the system setup in app as well.

There is now more information on this!

1 Like