The following shows the functionality (and lighting comparisons) for the Wyze Cam V3 Spotlight.
Videos were taken using:
- Google Pixel 5
- Wyze Cam V3
- Eufy Indoor Cam
- Part 1 shows that sometimes the spotlight is buggy and doesn’t activate on motion every time even though the V3 is recognizing there is motion (this has happened multiple times…in some cases I can get the V3 to recognize and announce [on my Alexa] full on person detection on the cam without it ever activating the spotlight).
- Shows just the Wyze Spotlight on each device synced.
- Shows just the 2 Floodlights (motion-activated and 1 on each corner of the house) without the Wyze Spotlight On.
- Shows both the Wyze Spotlight AND the 2 Floodlights on.
- Shows the Wyze Spotlight activating when the back door is opened, and then starts a video from the Pixel 5 to show how dark it is back there despite the “Spotlight” pointing right at the door from roughly 15’-20’ away. One of the Floodlights activates during this recording (and I say “Dang it”)
This allows one to compare how much the Wyze spotlight provides lumination in comparison to the floodlights.
Here is what the back of this old house looks like in the daytime (well while it is snowing):
Here are my two “Floodlights,” located on the top corners of the back of the house, but I can’t remember the specs on them anymore (got the bulbs at Lowe’s).
All SPOTLIGHT VIDEO SEGMENT COMPARISONS COMBINED:
I do have to say, that it really seemed darker in person to my eyes for most of the tests than these cameras/videos seem to indicate (especially the V3 making everything look way brighter than it really was).