Wyze solution for a chilling problem

As many of you know, I’m at home recovering from knee replacement surgery last Friday, 9/2/2022. Part of the recovery process involves elevation of the surgical leg while applying ice to the knee for 20 minutes of every waking hour. My insurance provided me with a DonJoy IceMan chilling device which recirculates water chilled with ice around the knee.

I was bored so I decided to use a Wyze plug and color bulb to setup a timer to shutoff the pump when my time is up. It also turns on the color bulb to green and leaves it on for 1 minute.

Now my wife helps me get the cooler ready, straps on the pad and turns on the plug. I just lay there waiting for the treatment to finish with my legs elevated, sometimes napping for 20 minutes. I’ll attach my rule below.

8 Likes

Hope your recovery is fast Bill! You certainly never stop thinking! Great automation! It’s great to see you back in the forums!

3 Likes

That is a cool idea! I’ll have to remember that.

2 Likes

That’s such a cool idea! Get well soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@WildBill, Wait a minute. whoa, stop the presses. No, sir. Did not know that’s what you were going to be down for. Been there, myself.

I never heard anything about cold pack. ice pack therapy. I just lived with pain for three weeks.

Bill, the physical therapy is so very important. Put forth 120% effort. Do a little more than they request. Its worth it sooner. And your knee will be stiff for months - more than 15 months. Then one day you will wake sometime after the 16th month and all the stiffness will be gone.

My best to you buddy. Very best.

4 Likes

More like Physical Terrorism!
(My ex is a Physical Terrorist)

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::scream::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Don’t forget to sign up for the extra credit therapy - the spanking. Helps distract from the knee discomfort.

1 Like

Okay, time for a quickie.

What's the difference between kinky and erotic?    Anyone? Anyone?
                 Bueller?  Bueller?

Okay several days and no one wants to chance this answer? Okay:

For erotic, you use a feather. For kinky, you use the entire chicken.

1 Like