Wyze Smoke/CO Detector

Thanks. I’ve looked at some of those, and just haven’t found any that do a full integration. That probably is because that detector network cannot be wifi, and should be its own network with nothing else on it.

Thank you @Andy-S for the Pushover App recommendation! I am definitely going to look into that. If it works for $5, it might just be a good workaround for some of the notification issues being experienced.

So far, every time when I have been testing CO/smoke derectors, Pushover app has got the high priority message from IFTTT applet in seconds rather than in minutes.
If I remember right, IFTTT pricing allows at least two applets free of charge and two is enough, i.e. “Send alert to Pushover when Wyze cam detects smoke alarm” applet and “… CO alarm” applet.

I think IFTTT has higher performance level(s) as well but the said free of charge service seems to be working well enough in practice. But IFTTT service that is running in cloud (AWS?) must first get the notification from Wyze cloud service. However, as we have seen AWS in general or Wyze cloud service is not always 100% fault tolerant either.

You can just search for Wyze applets on IFTTT web and choose what you need. Now I seem to remember that I possibly made a simple modification to the original IFTTT applets but free of charge service allows that.

Thanks. I have IFTTT and have browsed their applets If\Then build options for Wyze. I am going to wait though until I decide on a brand of detector. If I use the Wyze Cam listening for an alarm, my clocks set off the Cams even at the lowest sensitivity. So, I don’t use the cams to listen. That is why I am going to install a Smart one that is WiFi with an app and notifications that is Alexa and IFTTT friendly. Great stuff though. Keep it coming.

I am sure all of us are looking for smoke detection monitoring for home safety and also to get insurance discount. I was in constant touch with Noonlight rep who was very professional and guided me for various options (as discussed above in forum). For IFTTT, the response I received related to insurance discount certificate is

“Regarding the Noonlight-Wyze IFTTT integration, as I previously mentioned, we don’t indicate smoke/fire/CO monitoring on the certificate for the IFTTT integration because we cannot guarantee the reliability of a third-party service and we are not directly receiving the alarm signals from your Wyze system.”

So unless you are planning to integrate IFTTT just for home safety purpose, it may be useful (I have done using free applet). But you will not get certificate with smoke detection check to get insurance discount from Noonlight.

BTW – Is someone from Wyze company monitoring this heavy traffic that all of us facing this challenge with their products, are they responding or sleeping?? Do they have any response/updates???

2 Likes

@bharatshah2000 Totally agree this should be a top priority. I have seen many people looking for fire and CO detection integrated into HMS so they can make the switch from other services, myself included.

I’m not looking to hack this I just want noonlight to be contact incase there is a fire or co alarm for my own peace of mind.

2 Likes

Make some kind of smoke alarm or heat sensor.

2 Likes

Greetings and salutations to everyone who reads and posts here in this topic!

Remember, if you want this to be a developing product, or if you just think it’s a really good idea, please VOTE at the very top of the topic and add a wishful post.

This is still only in Wishlist - Researching status with no updates from Wyze. We can only speed up the process if we get Wyze to devote more resources to it! The only way to do that is to keep ringing the bell :cowboy_hat_face:!

1 Like

doesn’t work for me - I get an alert every time my parrot decides to mimic them.
Fire department “where is the fire?” I don’t know, ask the African Grey.
then the fines would pile up

1 Like

Oh my.

1 Like

I would really like to have this added as a product. Our insurance company in FL requires us to have both home monitoring and fire/CO2 in order to provide a discount. I purchased the system without realizing that a fire product didn’t exist and would hate to return it. I’m happy with everything else.

6 Likes

Me too. I just set up Wyze at my remote cabin after getting Starlink internet. I would quickly buy a compatible smoke/CO detector.

2 Likes

Came here just to support this. Honestly i don’t even care if they stick with pricing under the competition. Make it the same price as long as it can be monitored and have emergency services called for you that’s all I need. Please Wyze this can be the difference of losing everything for some people.

3 Likes

Would love a smoke/CO detector!

3 Likes

Honestly, the only thing keeping me from dropping my old school home security system is that it includes integration of Smoke Detection, CO2 detection and heat sensors in the garage. I think this is a huge market opportunity for Wyze to exploit. If these products can be produced and linked to the monitoring hub, it would be an industry disrupter.

5 Likes

Would love to see a Wyze Smoke Alarm to ensure I know if/when my house is burning down.

1 Like

It really is a huge oversight by Wyze and gaping home security hole.

1 Like

Not really. A life safety system is a LOT different than a wifi connected IoT system. There is not a gaping hole. Plenty of companies that are full time in the fire alarm business make interconnected smoke and CO detection systems. Those systems will work when your wifi is down. I think that is what we really need.

That is clearly what you really need, but please refrain from speaking for the ‘we’ who want a smoke\co detector that will integrate with our already installed Wyze Home Monitoring Service hardware and professionally monitored security system. If any of those companies you spoke of have a product that will integrate, ‘we’ would be receptive to reviewing them.

1 Like

OK. I’ll speak as a retired professional engineer who was responsible for fire alarm and security system designs in buildings, and I’ll just say that I could never, in my professional judgement, sign my name to a wifi connected “life safety” system home installed by untrained people.

You can take responsibility for what you choose for your own family’s safety. I hope your connection never fails.