Wyze Smart Devices and Securifi Mesh Network

This tip only applies to smart devices like the Wyze Bulbs and Plugs on a Securifi/Almond 3 mesh network. As long as you have your 2.4 GHz network setup and know the password to it, then your Wyze cams will setup no problem.

If you have a Securifi mesh network (mine is all Almond 3 routers, so I do not know if this applies to other Securifi products, but it’s likely) and when you get to the point in the Wyze smart device setup where you are connected to the Wyze devices network and waiting for it to join your 2.4 GHz network, and it never does, then simply open your Almond app on your smart phone, go to Settings> Advanced Router Features> Static IP and change your listed smart phone from a Dynamic IP to a Static IP.

Once you have saved the Static IP setting, start the setup of your Wyze smart device again and it will work, and after 1-2 minutes on the Wyze devices network, it will switch you back to your smart phones default wireless network and the Wyze device will take you to the Name screen, where you can complete setup.

You can then, if you’d like, set your phone BACK to a Dynamic IP in the Almond app and your Wyze smart devices will continue to function normally within the Wyze app.

It took me about an hour to figure this all out on my own through a dozen or so troubleshooting scenarios, so I thought I’d save the next Securifi user the hassle (rather than giving up and buying a whole new mesh network that is known to be Wyze compatible). :smile:

1 Like

Thank you SO much for this!

1 Like

I can’t tell you how long I spent on phone calls with the Securifi and Wyze people trying to get this straight and never did

1 Like