Wyze Smart Button

yes. this would be great.
Oops. my apologies. didn’t realize that I was responding to such an old post.

2 Likes

Just came across this article Wyze Is Prepping A Floodlight Camera Wyze Is Prepping A Floodlight Camera. And when I say ‘came across’, I mean scoured the interweb for info…

1 Like

Yes somebody posted a picture of it in a box on a shelf 2 days ago here…

1 Like

Multifunction button that can be placed anywhere with IFTTT integration for other-than just Wyze devices. The competition is way over priced. Best I could find is $25 for only one button. A 3 pack for that price would be awesome.

1 Like

Thought to share how I made a Wyze physical “smart” button using Wyze contact sensor (v1&v2).

3 Likes

That’s so awesome!

thank you, actually I posted the short version.
I’ve updated the post video link with the correct version with a full demo and trigger rules etc

2 Likes

Nice work and thanks for sharing that. My only complaint is the small captions. I love the last slide. :slight_smile:

I would love a simple button, on and off. I would use it for my door look to “buzz” people in or turn on / off all the lights in the house. Or double tap and all lights turn red… But mostly to “buzz” people in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please make WYZE smart buttons, and then make 'em available to Canada too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think a panic button is a great idea We just installed a home monitoring kit and I’d love to have the option for a small Doorbell sized panic button that could be put by the bedside or in a bathroom that could trigger the system manually.

2 Likes

I made one with a flic. It’s on the back of my night table and it turns on all lights at full brightness, rolls up all blinds, plays a siren on my Sonos speakers at max volume while Alexa announces that police are on their way. Lol

1 Like

Interesting idea, smartly done. I never heard of flic, Looking at it, it’s gonna cost me $160- bucks just to get a starter kit. I would expect Wyze to develop an add on to the home monitoring kit that would be much more reasonable.

2 Likes

You really know how to clear out dilly-dallying Thanksgiving guests doncha.

1 Like

I found this affordable Broadlink solution. It triggers Alexa or IFTTT, and has 4 buttons which can trigger 4 routines, BroadLink Smart Button, 3 Way Dimmer Switch Control with IFTTT and Alexa Routines for Home Automation, Wireless Trigger Smart Home Devices and Scenes, S3 Hub Included

1 Like

Good find, but I don’t use IFTTT (could never get past their login/password) or Alexa. I’m all Apple, and, of course, Wyze. I’d like (as would many of us) a button that controls through the Wyze app. The design of the Broadlink is intriguing. Rather than a button that requires one tap, two taps, long press, etc., Broadlink’s 4-way button is more desirable, at least to me.

Battery operated mountable smart button

I would love light switchs to control the variety of different lights and other wyze items. No I think the better form of operation might be a singular button vs a three way switch… And the button just switches state. Rather than a switch which could be in the traditionally off position when the lights could be on activated by another trigger or the app or smart ai.

This is an interesting device, but I’m not sure how I would be able to connect it to the wyze system to trigger an alarm?

I was thinking it could be done like in Rules. You create a rule, which fires at a time you specify. Then, you have to choose an action (from a list) which will occur when that rule fires (light on, light off, etc.). Button presses could be defined in the app, like in a rule (maybe even using the same software code), one press: action: light on (or activate a scene), two presses: action: all lights off, etc.

For now, I am using the flic button. One Click will turn off my Wifes lamp in the main bedroom, two Clicks will turn off all Lamps in the Main bedroom, and Press and hold will turn all lamps back on.

I am hoping Wyze will produce their own button or provide the ability for flic to access wyze directly. :slight_smile:

For now, I have it setup with all three options to call Alexa, and then Alexa handles the routines. Works great, but not immediate response - about a second.

https://www.amazon.com/Flic-Smart-Button-Starter-Buttons/dp/B0848KZX9M/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=flic&qid=1638560507&sr=8-2

1 Like