Wyze Smart Button

A couple of year ago, Logitech released a “smart button” that could be programmed to perform various actions or combinations of actions, e.g. (one tap) “All lights OFF”. I’d buy one (or several).

Flic buttons do that already. I have them in all rooms controlling groups of lights, as I please :slight_smile:

Today I programmed a Flic to brighten or dim groups of Wyze bulbs, by about 25% per click, using Alexa routines.

Probably too late for Wyze to reinvent a smart button, but can we please have Flic support for a better integration?

3 Likes

I’d never heard of Flic buttons - until now. Thanks for the insight. On the down side, Flics are kind of expensive, and appear to use a hub (and app) of their own. More hardware and software means more potential points of failure, and a nightmare to troubleshoot if/when something goes wrong. Maybe Wyze would consider a “hub-less” button that would works with their existing app, which is some of the best software I’ve encountered.

You make some excellent points. I, too, would buy a handful (house full?) of them. Another poster mentioned Flic buttons, which, while useful, look pretty expensive. With Wyze’s (often amazing) price points, these could be a hot seller.

1 Like

I have looked at Flic but to me they are just too expensive.

1 Like

At this point I’m not looking to add any more apps or hubs. Just pulled an old Ethernet switch out of the closet in anticipation of the next hub. I’m planning to replace my 2 Arlo cams with Wyze and maybe replace Philips bulbs too for another coveted hub spot. Wyze is pretty close to a button now. I doubt if the issued buttons that they’d require a hub, though. Honestly, the only use I really have for buttons (or an unwired switch) is for guests who don’t know what to say to Alexa…

1 Like

For those who haven’t seen, the wyze switches have a two and three click setting where you can program whatever action you want. Probably the closest thing we’ll be getting to a smart button.

1 Like

Hmm, I removed all my switches, why would I want to have a switch to control my lights again? Lol

1 Like

Maybe when your feeling nostalgic? The only thing I anticipate using the smart button built into a switch is only activate a light without disturbing my sleeping spouse. Though I’m sure once I have access to it I will no doubt realize more uses.

I have a 3-pack of switches on preorder, although I actually need 4 switches to replace all of my current Wemos. I’ll explore what they’re capable of once they get here.

1 Like

The problem for me with the switches is that I’m in an older home and don’t have switches on the wall that I can replace with the Wyze switches.

1 Like

No switches on the wall? Was this so old a home that all the lights were originally pull-chain fixtures?

not a smart switch but I have used these to add switches where there are none. Amazon.com

they work really well. Also if you get really crazy there is a way to wire it into various smart outlets to give you the smarts and the convenience.

YESSSSS!! I have been looking for a smart button similar to Flic, but pretty much everything needs to go through some 3rd party like IFTTT and that is useless now unless you pay. So if Wyze comes up with its own smart button which can control all Wyze Products, that is a WIN and I think this will be very powerful.

2 Likes

No, it’s a new construction and I replaced switches with blank plates, as smart bulbs need the power to be on at all times.

In my opinion one should get either smart bulbs or smart switches, but not both.

1 Like

Flic can trigger Alexa routines so no need for IFTTT.

I went to look for info on the new floodlight but instead found this older product info - Wyze already developed a smart button for their bulbs?

https://fccid.io/2AUIUWYZER1/Users-Manual/User-manual-5216833

2 Likes

Huh.

That’s Bluetooth only, and it works with the Task lamp they made

3 Likes

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

2 Likes