Wyze Smart Button

I know they have much fewer products specifically marketed to the US. So things like setup may be more difficult as instructions may not be in english and different countries may have to be set. Also no sure on things like google, alexa, homekit integrations. I was previously looking at one of their air purifiers.

Yea, I was playing more of a devils advocate here, because I want to know the value added. I have many assumptions, a couple you mentioned here.

I hope you don’t mind me naming other manufacturers products but I would like to see a Wyze version of the Insteon Mini Remote Control Switch, 1-Scene.

It is quicker and easier to use than opening the app on a cell phone. The idea is that it is a simple on-off switch that can be linked to a light bulb, or a group of light bulbs. Tap up to turn on, tap down to turn off, press and hold to brighten or dim. It has a rechargeable battery and looks like a normal decora style light switch. It even has a mounting plate to mount it to an existing switch box or onto the wall and be able to add a standard decora wallplate cover.

Again, a Wyze version of this would be a great addition to the product line. Even with the app, motion sensors, Amazon and Google assistants, sometimes a simple switch meets the need the best.

I agree, except I’d like one like Lutron’s instead of Insteon’s so that it actually works. :joy:

1 Like

I’d like to request a Smart Button to be added to the Wyze Sense devices. It could be used to toggle lights, switches, or notifications on/off.

I have a Samsung SmartThings button that works well, and if Wyze could create one for about $5, I could see about a dozen uses for them around the house.

Here’s a link to the Samsung button for reference:

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I second that. Door sensor can easily be modified by removing the Reed Switch and have a button instead.

It would make the line of products more complete since we all have buttons and remotes to operate and would swap them for Wyze thats for sure.

1 Like

I also think this would be an excellent product, perhaps added to the sense line? There are a few applications I could use them for. For example, sometimes I need to wake up in the middle of a night in a hurry and be able to see what’s going on (long story, nothing to worry about) and having to say “Alexa, turn on the reading lamp” is a bit much when I’m in a hurry. Having a button right on the side of my bed that I can just reach down and hit, triggering a light (or any action, for that matter) would be really awesome.

3 Likes

This could be especially powerful when connect to IFTTT. I can only imagine the many possibilities. It makes me excited.

1 Like

Please, Please add a Wyze Smart Button. I removed my Wyze bulbs from my office and replaced with IKEA smart bulbs and button. Works much better for me to have a button, motion and contact sensor didn’t work in this situation. Thank you.

2 Likes

Flic button prices are outrageous. Could really use some Wyze buttons about now to turn on my smart plugs.

3 Likes

Hi, everyone!

My name is Aman and I am a Product Manager Intern at Wyze. Thank you for the amazing suggestions you guys posted on the forum page. We realized that a lot of you have requested for a smart button and we are currently trying to create one for you.

We would like to learn more about your Wyze devices and how you use them. We’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences so that we can continue creating quality products.

If you are interested, please take a few minutes to fill out this brief survey. It should take 3-4 minutes to complete and your responses will remain confidential. They will not be used for purposes outside of improving our products. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Here is the link to the survey: https://forms.gle/V4WeXGAGo7neaGt28

3 Likes

Thank you @WyzeAman this is very exciting that Wyze is moving forward in the development process! I tried to fill out the survey, but it looks like I don’t have permission. Do you mind taking a look at the sharing settings? Thanks!!
Screenshot_20201002-144444_Chrome|243x500

Apologies @duncancheg! I just fixed it, you should be able to access the survey now. Thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect, thank you! That was fast! I tested the link, and I’m able to fill it out now.

1 Like

Filled it out! This is exciting news

1 Like

Yes, please! I would have so many more smart bulbs around my house and other automations if I could trigger them with buttons to make them more muggle-friendly (toddler, non-techie spouse).

1 Like

I would like to see a simple toggle switch. I use the Sense magnet but having to pull it apart for a signal would be much simpler if there was a simple toggle switch I could stick on a wall. There currently is nothing on the market that can simply turn on a WiFi bulb or outlet. You have to open an app, or ask Alexa or Google Home to do it. I’ve even considered hacking a wall switch to operate a Sense to get something like this.

2 Likes

When I go to sleep I put my phone away. I don’t want to see it again until I’ve already woken up and I’ve made my bed. But if I need to get up in the middle of the night for any reason and need, you know, light, well then I have no choice but to get my phone out to use the app to turn on my lights. It would be awesome to have a simple physical button available to push which would turn lights on/off, without affecting current scene or program. Another use case is guests. I’m not giving my guests my phone so they can turn lights on. I’m just not. The SmartThings Button is a product that does more or less what I’m talking about. I’d like to end with saying, Wyze is doing awesome. Keep it up.

2 Likes

My specific use-case for the smart button is ‘someone at a door’ including a doggy doorbell. I know there are other solutions like hanging jinglebells on the door or installing wireless doorbells that play sounds on a plugged device somewhere in the house. These won’t work for me.

I don’t want a bunch of doorbell ringers plugged in all over the house that I have to remember which bell means which door is occupied and we can’t hear them in every room in the house anyway. I don’t want to install dog-doors to allow my dog free access in or out. My MIL lives with us in her own suite and I want her to easily be able to deal with the dog, deliveries, or visitors while we’re at work. I don’t want the expense of the doorbell cameras that my dog is just going to rub a wet nose all over. And I don’t need double-press, long-press, multiple buttons, or for the button to light up. I like the goofy ‘game buzzer’ look of the Amazon Echo Button for my dog but I would want something sleek mounted on my front door.

Here are some of my use-case IFTTTs:
"If button1 is pressed, broadcast “Fido wants in the backyard.”
"If button2 is pressed, broadcast “Fido is on the back porch and wants in.”
"If button3 is pressed, broadcast “Let Fido in Grammy’s room.”
"If button4 is pressed, broadcast on Mini2 “Fido wants inside.”
"If button5 is pressed, broadcast “Someone is at the main door” & turn on porch light & turn on camera & ask me if I want to speak.
"If button6 is pressed, broadcast “Someone is at Grammy’s door”…

2 Likes

Yeah id love a smart button for several purposes around the house. Physical way to turn on and off lights on the night stands. A way to open the garage door with a wyze garage door opener relay. turn on and off wyze lights, wyze plugs.

Would be awesome to have a small switch the size of a wall switch but without anything in the wall. you could stick them to the wall to control lights, stick them to night stands, stick them around the house. Every couple months when the battery runs low it warns you and you can pop it off where you mounted (maybe magnets) and change or charge the batteries. This is my #2 most wanted wyze development, just after a web interface.

3 Likes