Wyze Smart Assistant

I’m going to make a very unpopular opinion but Alexa is glitchy to say the least. And with everything I’m hearing on NBC Nightly News I’m a bit leery using the Echos. So my thought is why not come out with your own version of Alexa? Wyzeguy or something for the name. I think that would be awesome, tbh and i’d pay top price for such an item. Wyze is connected online more than Alexa is from my experience and Alexa is sitting 1/4 inch from my router. Just a suggestion. :slight_smile:

This might be out of Wyze’s area of expertise, but I have a front door sensor (Wemo) that I will replace with a Wyze Sense that detects motion and then turns off a plug powering a radio when I’m out the back in the garden. It is a great option when I don’t have my phone on me to get notifications, or due to ambient sounds I’m unable to hear the doorbell. An outdoor smart speaker with this functionality would be even better.

I think this sounds good! Maybe Wyze will consider this. Like you said it might be out of there range though

2 Likes

Wyze reveals it’s interested in making a smart speaker

Along with locks, doorbells, thermostats, and plenty more

https://www.the-ambient.com/news/wyze-smart-speaker-1862

2 Likes

I think you might be suggesting that Wyze develop a “smart assistant,” as opposed to just a smart speaker. There are lots of smaller companies that make smart speakers, but they are smart in the sense that they have Alexa or Google Assistant built-in. Developing an alternative to Alexa or Google Assistant or Siri would be a pretty monumental task that, unfortunately, probably requires the resources of a huge company. As much as I love Wyze, I doubt that’s in their current wheelhouse.

In short: They could make a smart speaker device, and I think that would be a great product. But if you’re trying to avoid Amazon or Google, I don’t think a Wyze smart speaker device would necessarily do that. More likely, it would have Alexa or Google (or both) built-in.

Right. I’m not sure how this got titled as Wyze Smart Speaker as I had it titled Wyze’s Version of Alexa.

I switched it to “Wyze Smart Assistant” just now when I tagged it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can build your own Assistant…

https://linto.ai/

Or Wyze can look into these open source systems as a solution.

Please make a Wyze Speaker.

Possible uses especially with a removeable memory card for loading mp3 sound clips.

It can say things like; Front door has opened or Motion detected in Backyard etc. You should be able to program anything you want it to save it on the memory card. Also able to assign tones or music the same way and work with all Wyze devices that people want to assign to it. Step on the scale it tells you weight, the front lock has opened, the sprinkler is on. etc.

A small device you can plug in any room your in or take it outside and plug it in so you can hear any alerts.

Thanks for your consideration.