Wyze Skill in the UK

Does anyone know how I can enable the Wyze skill for Alexa in the UK. The skill store here doesn’t have it and the American site won’t let me enable it. It just sends me back to the UK site.

I know the cameras aren’t officially sold here but there are quite a few in use by people like me who’ve brought them back so maybe there is someone out there who has figured out how to do it.

Roger598

I don’t think Wyze has plans to enable Alexa skill overseas in the near term. You can find more info on why by searching here on the forum.

You may want to try using a VPN based on a US server. Not sure if that would work or not.

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve already tried that. The US site still referred me back to the UK one. It had checked and said that my Amazon account was registered in the UK so that’s where I had to get the skill from. Unfortunately, the Wyze skill is not listed on the UK site!

The only solution I see then is to use the VPN to create a US-registered Amazon account. I don’t know though, if using that might mess up other Amazon services you rely on.

I’m extremely disappointed that the “works with Alexa” didn’t mean in the UK. I believe this to be a CON. Get a grip and sort this or refund the customer who Believed it !!!
Very disgruntled and annoyed customer in UK

Hi @RedEric. Did you buy your camera from Amazon? If so, Amazon is incorrectly reporting Alexa capability outside of the US and Canada. In fact, they aren’t even supposed to be selling to people outside of the US and Canada, and Wyze has asked them several times not to, but they are anyway.

Here’s a Roadmap item about developing the Alexa skill outside North America.

Here is the support article from the Wyze site about Alexa integration. Under “How to Wyze Cams with Alexa”, there is a sentence in that paragraph that states, “The Wyze skill is currently available in the US and Canada.”

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022500411-Using-Amazon-s-Alexa-with-Wyze

I have asked @UserCustomerGwen to look into changing that support page to clearly state that in the introduction.

3 Likes

I sent a message to the person that wrote the article requesting that edit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This may be true however, why isn’t it available for Alexa compatibility/skill outside the us ? it wouldn’t be hard to do it, would it ? I bought this with this ‘facility’ which isn’t there.

There is a way but it involves changing your UK
Amazon account to a “USA address” but that creates other problems with certain UK skills not working. I have done it with limited success but in the end reverted back to my original UK account.

Amazon uk is still selling them with the claim that they are compatible. And Wyze claim they are waiting for Amazon. Any news and timelines?

Welcome to the community, @TorvaFirmus. I would recommend monitoring and/or voting on this Wishlist topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like