Wyze shortcuts on iOS widget screen

Would love a Wyze Camera Widget on iOS … Similar to how Kasa has theirs set up. Please! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

iPhone widget to turn on/off camera, lights and switches without opening the app

1 Like

I am using the Wyze camera and app with an iPad to view my front poach. I found that it’s a little time consuming to be reading in the kindle app when someone knocks on the door and then clicking the Wyze icon, selecting the right camera (I have several) to see who is knocking. It would be great if I could find a way to view a specific camera with a single click. Sort of like when I save a shortcut to a specific word processing file on the desktop that takes me directly to that document.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, @charlie.chisholm. I have merged your topic with this #wishlist topic. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I love your products. Especially like the Wyze bulb and how you can use contact sensors and motion sensors to turn them on and off.

With that said I did have a question. Are there any plans to add widgets from the app so we can turn on or off the bulbs or plugs without actually opening the app?

Hi @Jabos7: I’ve moved your post here to the relevant #wishlist topic. Please read the comments here and scroll to the top to VOTE.

You may also want to review How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap

2 Likes

The widget screen for the bulbs I have from another manufacture is the single most used widget I have. I have over 45 bulbs and 3 pages of scenes and shortcuts in the lock screen widget. I would consider changing the bulbs to wyze bulbs f I could get quick and easy access to scenes without opening apps or talking to Alexa.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree with this more. My Smart Life widget is my most used one. Wish they would add this.

2 Likes

Yes, I want that too, I won’t have to share my location with other like Life360 to activate motion detection when I leave. it would be easy to setup in shortcuts, and we could make it do all sort of things. All kind of app have add action in iOS Shortcut. I currently have 17 app on my phone that shows up in shortcuts App action list. Go for 18 :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be very helpful if one could access the action shortcuts (or at least turn the camera on/off) using the iPhone’s force touch feature, without having to open the app

2 Likes

so much this. It’s been over a year since this feature was requested. Let’s do this Wyze!!

1 Like

Please bless.

I just bought a 4-pack of Wyze bulbs, after using regular LEDs with smart switches (controlled with SmartLife), and the ONLY thing that’s missing with the Wyze bulbs/app is the ability to control them via Siri, and an iOS widget to conveniently control them…

I think it would be a WYZE (sorry, I had to🤣) decision for them to add this support to the iOS app, especially considering that most other smart home apps—like SmartLife—have implemented these things, making it just that much more convenient to control our smart devices.

1 Like

It’d be really convenient if I was able to turn on/off notifications via home screen quick actions instead of having to open the app and wait on it to load to toggle the bell on the top of the screen.

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission.]

I’d like to have a widget option that creates a widget for different device types ( outlets, bulbs, locks etc) so that I can quickly access without having to launch the app first.
Thank you kindly

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.]

1 Like

Widget to immediately access created shortcuts is a crucial feature that ALL smart home companies have. Why are you still lacking this in 2020, Wyze? Had I known this was missing, I NEVER would have moved to Wyze. Instead we have to tap on the app, wait for the welcome screen to pass, then wait for the shortcuts to load up, and then finally tap on the shortcut. Why not skip all your Wyze-guy nonesense have an immediately accessible widget? Please do not ignore your faithful customers.

5 Likes

I have an IPhone and feel having the ability to add a Wyze widget to my widget screen would make life a lot easier. I could scroll to my widgets screen to see the current camera scan and be able to use/see my Wyze Lock (locking and unlocking from the widget screen would save A LOT of time!)

3 Likes

Bump

Widgets Please!!!

IMG_2816

1 Like

I would be over the moon with a widget for my Wyze products that would allow me some basic controls or views from the Home Screen. I would prefer quick access to certain items. This might already be a thing for Android I do no know. If it isn’t it should be.

1. Turning switches or lights on or off.
  2. Quick controls for cameras.
  3. Last Scale weigh in and notifications for heart rate.
  4. Soon to be thermostat controls!

If you are all about making life easier this would do it partially on the software side. The app itself could have been thought out a bit better. Finding a way to bring my important controls up front would make the app less cumbersome.

Thanks for the product and support,

Andy

Something like this:

10 Likes

How has this been requested for almost 2 years and still not been implemented? I want this solely because I want a “unlock” widget button because the auto unlock takes FOREVER if it even ever happens. I really like the Wyze lock but it is SOOOO freaking frustrating. When I park I want my door unlocked by the time I get to my front door. I dont want to stand at my door for more than a minute and wait for the thing to unlock.

6 Likes