Wyze sensor demo with garage door

Please see the link for wyze sensor instalation for garage door.

2 Likes

Great usage idea. Very important application to many people. Thanks for sharing.

I think I am going to replace my Ryobi opener app with this! Their app is very unreliable when it comes to notifications. They can be several hours after the fact!!!

Thanks, I’m glad I didn’t buy a Ryobi opener yesterday, now! :slight_smile:

I’ve mounted mine on the top of the door. It immediately pulls back and away on open. Initially tried on the side of the door, but the tension cable was interfering. Using it on the track assumes you won’t shift position ever?

It took me a few tries to find the right spot on my door as well. There was really no great place, but a few places that miiight work. Luckily the sensor pieces don’t have to be so close…nor do they have to be oriented the way they were packed. Eventually found a decent spot, and am very happy with it. Already think of what I could do with the data I’m gathering.

Mine is an Ecolink Garage Door Tilt Sensor that I installed 1 1/2 years ago. I used the supplied adhesive backing, it’s never come loose and is still on the original battery. My routine in Alexa notifies me when it’s going up or down. It’s worked every time.

My garage door opener came with a contact sensor like that. During temperate weather it usually works. During very hot or very cold weather it does not.

I think the expansion and compression of the rail during weather extremes is the problem.

I ended up taping a wireless sensor to the door with a hinge-type device that closes contact when the door panel is vertical and opens contact when the door is horizontal. It doesn’t seem to be effected by temperature.

just another option

2 Likes

Nice, clean design. Just ordered one… thanks for sharing! :+1:

1 Like