Wyze sense open for X IFTTT trigger

I know with Wyze Sense you can create a trigger if it’s been open/closed for x time in the Wyze app. Is there a way to get a service (like IFTTT) to send a text/email with the trigger?

Ideally, I’d like to receive a text or email when my Wyze sense, attached to my garage door, has been left open. When I am home, I’ve turned off my Wyze notifications so triggering a notification won’t work and I thought that IFTTT would work. There is no trigger in IFTTT for ‘Wyze sense open for X time’.

Is there a easy solution I am missing?

The only thing I would suggest is using ifttt
geofencing twice. You can have it turn off all notification and then another one turn on just the garage notification once you get close to home. Set one for a 5 block radius and the garage sensor somthing inside that so it allows only the garage to notify you.

Unfortunately, there’s not a way to do that currently. If Wyze had a virtual switch, this would be possible, without them needing to add every little functionality from the app to IFTTT, Alexa, etc.

I created a wishlist item for this a while ago. For me, it’s the #1 feature I’d like to see, because it would open so many doors. Please give it a vote. Wyze Virtual Switch

I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion. I will try setting up the second geofence for the garage sensor.

Thanks for the link, I made my vote. I am enjoying learning about all the fantastic ways separate devices can interact. Wyze really seems to listen to their users and have made so many changes to their service since I’ve been a user for over a year.

1 Like