Wyze Sense Notifications - left opened

Ok i tested it and yes i did get a is left open notice after the stated time has past

1 Like

I have a Nexx garage door opener with a reed switch. It notifies me on my phone when the garage door is open, but that isn’t enough for me. I forget I got the notification. So I added a switch to an extra lamp that turns the light on when the garage door is open and shuts the light off again when the garage door is closed. When I see the lamp is on, it reminds me to close the garage door.

Now that Wyze has both reed switches and light bulbs, this shouldn’t be too difficult to set up in it’s ecosystem.

WrecksO; good idea. I’m going to try it out for my fridge/freezer door sensors.

do you have the wizen sense? works perfect for me and my garage door

now that i got the “is left open” to work, it will remind me if my garage door is left open for the time i specified

ilandsnow: I do have a Sense. Like you previously, I can’t get the “left open” notification to work reriably.

ok i may have misspoken. although i do get a notice after 5 minutes of being left open, i also get it even if the garage door has closed. so when i open the garage door i get a notice, i drive my car out and within a minute or so i am closing it but i don’t get a close notice, and then 5 minutes later i get a is left open notice even if its actually closed.

to be sure i had to connect to my camera to see if its actually closed. yesterday when i came home from work, i did get the open notice and then a close notice and then 5 minutes later an is left open message.

SO… its very inconsistent!

For some reason, I am now getting left-open notifications. We’ll see if that sticks. I have no idea why it suddenly start working.

Mine appears to be inconsistent as well for Left Opened. When I get time, I think I will create a support ticket.

i get a feeling we are beta testers for this product? seem so flakey to be actual production releases. i know i did buy this as a pre-order before it was actually available to the public? i forget

Open, close, left open are not working after initial restart. As suggested, I change the bridge to another camera due to poor signal strength. My firmware is up to date across the board. Signal strength is 2 out of 3 bars for the Sense. Battery is normal. I’m looking at the window I have it watching. App says it’s closed, eyeballs say it’s open. Any recommendations? Thanks

This is exactly what’s happening to me! help?

Please this post earlier in the topid:

This topic has been resolved! I finally figured out what was going on - so for what it’s worth - here goes!

The sensor can’t update it’s notification settings while the camera with the bridge connected to it is turned OFF. Whenever I was home and trying to update the timing of my contact sensor, it wouldn’t save/store the settings because the camera with the bridge was turned off at those times (it’s being used as a baby monitor, and it was off while my daughter wasn’t in the room). I got it to save the setting because I happened to try to change it when my daughter was taking a nap.

So… Solution:

1. Turn on the camera that has the Wyze Sense Bridge connected to it
  2. Make adjustments to the contact notifications

That’s it!

I hope this helps others having the same issue!!

1 Like

This must be the problem I’ve been having where I couldn’t save range notifications. Thank you!!