Wyze sense keeps going offline

Haha on the nekkid… we have Rings on the back deck and back of the garage. The garage cam catches the external corner of the hot tub, and I was pretty much through a much-needed pee (outside the tub) when I realized I was facing the camera…oopsie!!! Yeah I don’t have any cam placed where au naturel might be in play.

I don’t know if it has been answered before on here, but does anyone have this problem where the sensors keep being reported as Offline?

When I tap on each one, it does show all the Open and Close events correctly which is perplexing. Only noticed this after the latest firmware update.

Is there a fix for this…?

I’m guessing the Pan Cam has the bridge? Looks like your cam with the bridge is going offline and coming back sporadically which is why you see the events being recorded. Since both of your sensors are offline. I’d say you need to troubleshoot the bridge.

One of my sensors and motion sensors stay offline but I believe that’s due to them being on the other side of a steel door.

Is the bridge installed in a Pan cam? It has been recommended not to use the bridge in a Pan cam because there are known issues using the bridge with the Pan.

If you have a v2 cam, I would use it instead and see if this corrects the problem you’re having. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, the V2 camera (Room) has the Bridge. It is in the same room as the door and window contact sensors with nothing in between them. They are all line-of-sight. The Pan Cam is downstairs and was switched off when I took that particular screenshot…

Like I replied above, the V2 camera (Room) has the Bridge, not the Pan Cam. The Bridge is in the same room as the V2 camera, door and window contact sensors with nothing in between them. They are all line-of-sight. The Pan Cam is downstairs and was switched off when I took that particular screenshot.

I never had this problem until the last firmware update. Didn’t even know there was a thread highlighting the issue since May…

What OS are you using Android or iOS?

Android, but the very same thing happens with iOS regardless of the device I use…

For Android users several have done a rollback to the last working app version and everything went back to normal. It’s something to consider if you would like to try it, here is the APK download link?

I’m new to this although I’ve just purchased 8 cameras and a slew of contacts a bunch I just installed in Indiana and I’ve already see remotely the three have failed after a few days …off line and staying open when contacts are closed lights flash firmware is updated they’ve been removed and re-added to the system. I’m reading all of this information now but isn’t this really a function of this company to explain why these have such consistent failures in this product. I experience all that you have with distance with intermittentcy… where are the developers where are the troubleshooters it sounds like this stuff may not be ready for Primetime but I want to get mine replaced otherwise the entire concept is meaningless and useless. Sorry for a little bit of vitriol but I’m just getting started…

1 Like

I honestly think the issue is the OEM USB cables are not supplying enough power to the cams. All of mine except one are installed outside with extended cords that I purchased from Amazon and the’yre all staying online using the OEM power blocks. 2 of them are piggybacked and still working fine, again using non-OEM cables and the OEM wall block.

I did message Wyze about my sensors going offline if I piggyback the bridged cam off of another camera. Their response was that the second cam wasn’t getting enough power to keep the camera and bridge online and they offered to send me a USB cord for the Pan Cam as it requires more power than the V2’s. I still haven’t received it to see if it’s going to work or not but at the end of the day, I really do think the issue is less about your WiFi signal (obviously you need to have one) and more about the camera having adequate power. If it overloads or becomes under powered it goes offline or if the cam isn’t receiving enough power for itself and the bridge, it will disconnect the bridge.

All are just my theories. Nothing is proven.

I was having a lot of problems with mine going offline. Fixed once I changed to a power adapter with higher wattage.

Go into app, select camera. Device setting and restart device. All my sensors reconnected.
Been good for a few days now.

Yes, that’s what we do so much with, computers, routers, firewalls, phones, tablets, restart / retry a way of life now. Might as well plug it into a 110 volt timer and have it proactively reboot just because firmware / software in the industry, some worse than others, doesn’t refresh or manage itself properly.

But this does not work for my contact sensors … so thanks for that input but it’s no panacea here either.

MikeG

Power cycling doesn’t work. I tried that a bunch of times.
Only rebooting via app worked for me. And like I said it’s been a while since I’ve had to do that.
I was removing them and reading them to start with.
That got real old after a few days.

I woke up this morning to find that my sensors were all off line. They all worked late last night. I started to post to the forum but read the *Your topic is similar" suggestions and followed a suggestion to remove and replace the bridge. It worked. But now I am wondering why that would happen as I rely on them for evening security.

Hi, @jerryfromthecape Your topic was moved to this thread to make it easier for others to find. Sorry to hear you are having problems with your sensors. I know how frustrating this is for you. How far are the sensors from the bridge?

Can you tell me what kind of cam your bridge is in, is it a V2 or a Pan and is this the only time they have gone off line or does it happen a lot?

Plugged into a V2. If I restart camera, sensors that are 3 feet away will work a couple hours before going offline.

Jason Price

It was with the V2. All my 5 sensors and motion detector were off line. I’ve had occasional problems with individual sensors going off line but never everything at once. I was prepared to reset all the sensors but I did a search here first and saw a suggestion to remove and reattach the bridge and it worked. As I live alone I am concerned that this might happen again and was looking for information about it. Besides the security element it also lets me know which doors are open and closed throughout my house.