Wyze sense keeps going offline

I’m having the same problem!! Wyze help us!!

My sensors are very unpredictable and unreliable. It’s impossible to set up any kind of routine with them seeing as how they go offline or are in the wrong state (on/off) so often. My cameras perform nicely. Anything beyond that is a guessing game. I really like wyze products and you can’t beat the prices. I’m starting to feel that “you get what you pay for”

1 Like

I’ve experienced the same issue with 2 of my 4 contacts sensors. My 2 motion sensors and 2 cameras have been very reliable, but I’ve been very disappointed with the contacts sensors.

SOLVED for my situation:
Four bulbs on one bridge, all worked initially then some of them got squirrelly.
Tried to update firmware on Bridge - did not work, stopped at 15%.
Replaced Bridge and updated firmware on it.
Had to delete and add contacts and sensor associated with the old Bridge.
This worked.

1 Like

Using the intercom seems to knock my bridge out of connection. Especially when I whistle loudly into it. I believe it has to do with a power drain to push the volume or the electromagnetic field generated from the speaker.

Something to consider or try for potentially better sensor connectivity is to attach a small wire to the sensor antenna. Great info in this thread below.

Welcome to the community, @billotte. The Wyze bulbs don’t require a Wyze Sense bridge to work. Do you mean sensors?

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Going to check this out later today.

1 Like

Does anyone have their cameras linked AND use a bridge? I’ve purchased 6 cameras, 6 sensors, and a motion. The first 2 cameras where set up last week and I set up the 3rd last night. I did so by first connecting it to a wall outlet, then added the bridge, then installed all 6 sensors and the motion and confirmed they were all working.

Then I moved the camera outside (in a waterproof case) and linked it to an existing camera which is run off of the standard 1A wall block and 25’ micro USB from Amazon. The second camera is working fine and I confirmed that the bridge had a solid blue light before I installed it last night. It wasn’t until after it was mounted, and I applied some caulk to ensure that it’s waterproof (which I’ve done with the other 2 cameras) that I realized that the bridge wasn’t online and none of the 7 sensors were online. I’ve tried rebooting the camera and the camera that its piggy-backing from via the app, as well as a hard power cycle at the power outlet. Nothing seems to bring the bridge back online.

I read through your comments about the power source not being enough and wonder if anyone ever confirmed that. I have some turbo chargers that I use for phones (2A+) that I may try connecting tonight to see if that helps. I hate to have to climb up, disconnect the camera, break the caulk, etc to trouble shoot it so I’m keeping that as a last resort.

I’m also wondering if I could obtain another bridge from Wyze if those sensors could all be linked to it. In the front of the house, I only have a single camera by itself so I’m wondering if I put a bridge in it if I’ll have different results. All of my other cameras I planned to piggy-back.

My system is two Pan Cams, one in the garage, one on the screened-in porch. The porch cam is a straight install - 1A power to the included USB cable. No issues.

The garage cam was a different story. The camera placement point was too far from the wall plug, so I used a long USB cable. I mounted the bridge (using a 3’ USB cable) outside the garage door so it could “see” the mailbox, into which I placed a motion sensor. It worked, and then failed, and I started using all the hacks mentioned in this topic.

My solution was to run an extension cord from the wall plug to “meet” the Wyze-supplied USB cable (and the stock 1A brick). It’s been working flawlessly for two months now.

Side note, I named the bridge “The mail is here!”, and the problem of having to run out to see if the mail has arrived is solved.

Nice setup! I’m hoping I can find a work around without having to pull all of the wires out and start over. I’ve already ran them behind siding/etc.

Worst case I’ll just buy another camera and set it up in the garage to run the bridge and use the OEM cord and charger. I don’t really like the idea of cameras in my house. Outside I don’t mind, but I’m afraid it’ll catch me walking around naked and somehow my kids would get ahold of the video (we’re recording 100% on 128gb micro sd cards, so there’s 2 weeks of HD recording available).

Haha on the nekkid… we have Rings on the back deck and back of the garage. The garage cam catches the external corner of the hot tub, and I was pretty much through a much-needed pee (outside the tub) when I realized I was facing the camera…oopsie!!! Yeah I don’t have any cam placed where au naturel might be in play.

I don’t know if it has been answered before on here, but does anyone have this problem where the sensors keep being reported as Offline?

When I tap on each one, it does show all the Open and Close events correctly which is perplexing. Only noticed this after the latest firmware update.

Is there a fix for this…?

I’m guessing the Pan Cam has the bridge? Looks like your cam with the bridge is going offline and coming back sporadically which is why you see the events being recorded. Since both of your sensors are offline. I’d say you need to troubleshoot the bridge.

One of my sensors and motion sensors stay offline but I believe that’s due to them being on the other side of a steel door.

Is the bridge installed in a Pan cam? It has been recommended not to use the bridge in a Pan cam because there are known issues using the bridge with the Pan.

If you have a v2 cam, I would use it instead and see if this corrects the problem you’re having. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, the V2 camera (Room) has the Bridge. It is in the same room as the door and window contact sensors with nothing in between them. They are all line-of-sight. The Pan Cam is downstairs and was switched off when I took that particular screenshot…

Like I replied above, the V2 camera (Room) has the Bridge, not the Pan Cam. The Bridge is in the same room as the V2 camera, door and window contact sensors with nothing in between them. They are all line-of-sight. The Pan Cam is downstairs and was switched off when I took that particular screenshot.

I never had this problem until the last firmware update. Didn’t even know there was a thread highlighting the issue since May…

What OS are you using Android or iOS?

Android, but the very same thing happens with iOS regardless of the device I use…

For Android users several have done a rollback to the last working app version and everything went back to normal. It’s something to consider if you would like to try it, here is the APK download link?