Wyze Sense Hub Firmware 4.32.8.213 Released - 3/2/22

Did you do anything to get everything working again? Mine is still down, no rules working, no sounds, and all motion and entry sensors say they haven’t been used in almost 2 days now.

Did a hard reset and re added. Don’t delete device in app. Just leave it in app and hold reset button 10 sec, press again and you will hear ready to connect. Then open wyze app and add device. My old settings were intact and 12 hrs later it was working.

Good luck

2 Likes

I did the soft reboot. Took about an hour for the hub to stop flashing. After which my Motion, Entry sensors are sending notifications to my phone and showing motion/open-close in their respected sections in the app. The keypads are working again and able to disarm and arm again. Rules/automations seem to be working again now too, turning on and off lights. The only thing that hasn’t come back is the Hub chime when a Entry sensor is used. Hopefully that comes back soon, I rather enjoyed that sound. But it’s nice to no my house is secure again.

1 Like

I got my contact sensor open tune\chime feedback to come back by turning them all off in the app “Tune” settings and then turning them all back on.

1 Like

Can anyone else try and confirm this. I read of someone else in another thread saying they couldn’t use the chime settings after this firmware update, so it would be good to hear from others if this works for them too.

I just tested it. In the HMS Tunes section, turning them from On to Off then back to On. My chimes came back on. If you opened sensor BEFORE flip flopping the on/off/on. It switched my Chime to off. So both my 2 Door Entry sensors were already off when I went into the Tunes settings. All my chimes are working now with that flip flop method.

I did have 2 Motion sensors not come back on. I tried to sync them with HMS but I cannot get them to pair. I am stuck at the “Press & hold the reset button until the light flashes” menu in the HMS system. The Motion sensor never pairs.

I believe other than that, everything is running again.

1 Like

I just tried mine and I still cannot set the Tune Settings. The state they are in stays regardless how you try.

2 Likes

So it sounds like

• The chime toggling trick might work if you already had them turned on (before doing this update), but if you didn’t previously have them turned on, then you’re out of luck.
  • You cannot add any other sensors, or re-pair current sensors to the hub.
  • When you first install this firmware or whenever your hub reboots any time after that, it can take hours or days before it starts working again, but it does seem to come back and start working again for the most part at least.
    • Rules may not work after firmware update until you at least do an initial reboot

Does that about sum up the remaining bugs on this firmware?

1 Like

Yep, cannot add a sensor and cannot toggle my Tune Settings. Correct on the hub as well. The lights will cycle and then go steady then cycle and then steady - so on and so on. Then finally it stops cycling. At that point within 24 to 48 hours later the Rules and notifications start to work again.

2 Likes

All of that then the Rules not working either until I did the soft reboot. I think you summed it up pretty well then. Thank you everyone for your feedback and ideas. I hope all get up and running again soon.

2 Likes

Thanks, I went back and added that as a clarification point under the last item, that an initial reboot after the update first installs may be needed to get rules to work.

1 Like

@spamoni4 reported this issue in this week’s Fix-It Friday event, so hopefully we’ll get an official public update from Wyze about what we can expect with these bugs. Feel free to go “Like” spamoni4’s post to show Wyze you’d like to hear an update and the plans for resolving this bug too.

Also, feel free to contribute to the event by posting about any other bugs you’d like Wyze to be aware of.

5 Likes

When mine updated it said update failed and unit locked up. I had to reset/read it to get it back working. Once I did that all the sensors appeared to be ok and online. It was not until the alarm went off and we could not turn it off be the keypad before we knew we had an issue. I had to re add all the sensors back to the hub to get them working again.

You were able to add the sensors back? That’s new.
The update said it failed, but after you rebooted, what firmware version does it say is on there now? If it is a different firmware than 4.32.8.213 that would explain why you were able to add sensors back.

1 Like

Hi, can you verify the tune settings are enabled for the sensors? And is the hub playing some other sound shortly before the entry sensor was opened?
Wyze app => Monitoring tab => Home Monitoring Settings => Tune Settings. There should be a tab for each sensor, with “On” of “Off”. If the sensor is “ON”, can you please open the sensor, observe the missing chime sound from the hub, then submit a log to us for us to look into it?
From Hub Settings => Wyze Support => Submit a Log => Alarm issues. Please fill in a description of your symptom(s)+repro steps, and be sure to Send Log Files, before hitting Submit? We’ll look into this.

1 Like

Thank you, We are looking into this log.

2 Likes

Lots of log files submitted by beta testers in the associated beta 4.32.8.213 hub topic:

• No hub Tunes/Chimes for sensors
  • Unable to reset sensors
  • Unable to add sensors

Log ID: 478603

2 Likes

Just thought I’d add me to the list. The chimes for my door sensors had been working after the last firmware update just fine, but they mysteriously stopped working either yesterday or today. I did try toggling them on/off a couple times, but no luck.

1 Like

And just as mysteriously as the chimes stopped, they have now come back today on their own. I’m guessing it was something on the backend.

I hope it is a backend issue. At least there is a Wyze Hub team member looking into the logs to figure it out. I have avoided updating to this firmware until I hear more…my functioning automations/rules are important to my Wife supporting my Wyze addiction :rofl:

I guess let us know if you continue to have abnormalities like that come and go.

1 Like