Wyze Sense FAQs are up!

just spray it with plasti dip :slight_smile: light spray on the contact sideā€¦ works fineā€¦ cheap enough to just toss it when the battery dies :slight_smile:

I am, they are different slots.

Has anyone else had issues with the sensors not updating open and closed on the home screen? When Iā€™m in the sensor itself it updates and shows a log as I open and close the door. But the home s teen always says closed.

@imwatchinyou One way to accomplish this is to use one of these gadgets as the actual vehicle detector. Mount the wireless receiver close to the camera and have the camera activate on sound events.

Some caveats - 1) donā€™t forget that the camera will be recording everything said within earshot, 2) like any infrared it will detect cats, birds, squirrels, etc just as quickly as it detects hot cars, 3) just like in the movie Predator, cold wet cars can and will easily slip through in the rain, and 4) take the advertised 400 ft range with a huge bag of salt. Walls, glass, insulation, bushes, posts, or anything will ~dramatically~ decrease the range of this particular gadget. But it usually works pretty reliably for a 50 ft suburban driveway.

I have never tried, but I do not think it will work well from inside a metal mailbox as a mail notifier. Unless maybe you cut a hole in the back of the mailbox and have the sensor looking into the mailbox.

Otherwise these units are quite weatherproof and the batteries last quite a long time. I am in no way affiliated with this product, and am just interested in finding interesting ways to amplify the all-weather abilities of Wyze cams. And my Wyse Sense kit is supposed to be waiting at my PO Box right now! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, but needs more investigation.

Yes one camera/sensor combo updating but the other is not.

I just tried my Sense kit and really like it so far. Iā€™m not sure where Iā€™m going to put them yet, so I deleted them from the app but noticed the motion sensor light kept going on as it senses movement, so I inserted the pin and it blinked an now doesnā€™t appear to sense movement. However, the contact sensors lights still go on when the magnet is pulled away. Can I shut them completely off too? Donā€™t want the batteries to go dead.

The only way to stop them is to take the batteries out.

1 Like

Yep! Thatā€™s what I do.

Iā€™m new to the forum, apologizes if this has been answered previously.

How many sensors can connect to a single bridge? Iā€™ve several things Iā€™d like to have sensors on but only one Wyze cam with the bridge in the area. Anyone try to connect more than the 2 contact and 1 motion sensor that come in the package?

Click the link I shared in the first post of this thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Canā€™t buy the Wyze sense on Amazon.ca iā€™m living in Quebec Canada, I bought 2 cam v2 and 1 can pan and Iā€™m happy with the product.
I want don buy the Wyze sense (and only the sense without the cam)
I know you donā€™t ship to Canada so how can a get my handā€™s on that beauty of technology.
Not on Amazon Canada :pensive:
Not even the bulbsšŸ˜”
Thanks for your time

Itā€™s coming. See this: Allow Canadians/Mexicans to buy direct from Wyze

Thanks