Wyze Sense contact sensor battery notch relocation

After installation of the contact sensor on a window sash, it’s extremely difficult to change the battery. The slot to pop the top off is located toward the sash, which means it can’t be reached with the battery tool. A small screwdriver can be used to pop it off (with the inevitable result of the battery flying off into the room}.
If the notch to pop the top off could be located on the opposite side of the sensor(or just add another notch on the opposite side and leave the other), it would be easily accessible (likewise if it were on top, but that may strain the plastic too much).

I suspect this hasn’t surfaced yet, as the sensors are too new to require much battery replacement.

How do you have it mounted? What orientation is the Wyze logo in? There is a top and bottom of the sensor (if the logo is right side up, the top and bottom are apparent) and the “key hole” is on the bottom I believe. The sensor does detect at a slight downward angle (if the top is up)

Mounted with logo up. Picture attached.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Well my answer above is in response to you mentioning you had a motion sensor, but the picture you posted is of a contact sensor.

To help with the contact sensor, the contact sensor doesn’t have to be right on top of the magnet piece. It can be mounted up to a cm away I believe (watch the red flashy light when you are positioning the large part before mounting to get a good spot and the ability to have more room to get at the battery pry spot). Are there any other mounting spots on the window? In the mounting position you have, does the larger part catch on the magnet piece at all when moving the window? Looks super close in the picture if the window moves up and down.

Edit/ can you also change your wishlist topic title to something along the lines of “Wyze Sense contact sensor battery notch relocation” so that the title aligns with the wishlist request. Thx!

1 Like

After installation of the motion sensor on a window sash

Looks like they mean a contact sensor not a motion sensor. Depending on how the contact sensor is installed can be challenging to open the battery compartment. On a double hung window sash you could lean the sash inward and access the battery compartment that way.

1 Like

oops, sorry. My brain transposed from contact to motion and back again with absolutely no difficulty. I might be able to move it further away. Don’t know if I can move it far enough to get to the slot, because of the proximity of the window frame.

I’ll change wishlist entry.

Thanks.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

| Omgitstony Forum Maven
July 28 |

• | - |

Well my answer above is in response to you mentioning you had a motion sensor, but the picture you posted is of a contact sensor.

jakewolfe:

After installation of the motion sensor

To help with the contact sensor, the contact sensor doesn’t have to be right on top of the magnet piece. It can be mounted up to a cm away I believe (watch the red flashy light when you are positioning the large part before mounting to get a good spot and the ability to have more room to get at the battery pry spot). Are there any other mounting spots on the window? In the mounting position you have, does the larger part catch on the magnet piece at all when moving the window? Looks super close in the picture if the window moves up and down.

Edit/ can you also change your wishlist topic title to something along the lines of “Wyze Sense contact sensor battery notch relocation” so that the title aligns with the wishlist request. Thx!

Hi Jake

Make sure to remove your signature (personal info) when responding to posts through email.

Sorry. Didn’t realize the emails would show up here. Can I edit it out now?

I flagged the previous post for the mods for the assist in removing the info if you are unable to.

I was wrong in the cm, I guess I meant an inch. If these get any closer it will trigger closed. So you have some mounting flexibility.

Yes you can, in the forum, but both @Omgitstony and I flagged it for the moderators to fix.

1 Like

You can edit your post anytime. Tap the pencil icon beside the flag and 3 dots at the bottom of your post.

I also had flagged your post for the moderators to delete the info. :+1: