Wyze sense and ifttt setup

How do you get the sensor switches and motion detector to show up in ifttt? When creating a new appellate only my cameras show up as available devices. No sensors or motion detectors. My new devices are already set up and working with the bridge

3 Likes

I got a response from WyzeMike yesterday to a similar question:

Thanks for the post! We have the integration done and have been testing. I was pushing to try and get a more advanced feature included (basically custom ā€œleft openā€ times and the option to say if my motion sensor has been clear for x minutes), but itā€™s looking like we wonā€™t have it for the initial release. We have those abilities in the Wyze app, but IFTTT may be a bit more simple (at least to start). Iā€™m working with our team to publish as soon as possible and I anticipate having an update VERY soon! :smile:

8 Likes

Thanks Iā€™ll be waiting. I hope we get Alexa integration in the future

1 Like

If you didnā€™t notice, fyi the shortcuts part of the Wyze app has a feature to ā€œautomateā€. You can select to automate upon ā€œeventsā€ (and time). Open the selection of events, and youā€™ll see the sensors as triggers for certain actions (turn on camera, turn off camera, start recording, etc). Not exactly IFTTT, but it is at least a start of the sensors triggering limited actions.

1 Like

IFTTT would solve my current issues! Really trying to figure out how else to trigger his lights with the new sensors. Anyone know of another way?

1 Like

Same here. Only reason I got the sensors, to trigger lights on for x minutes. Hope soon

2 Likes

There is a problem with turning lights on, then off again using a PIR sensor when there are multiple trigger events. See paragraph 6 in my review of one.

FYI - I think your Wyze Sense FAQs are incorrect. The last FAQ on the page reads:

"What integrations will Wyze Sense be compatible with?

At this time, you can use IFTTT. Weā€™re also working on getting Alexa and Google integration up and running though. If you want to see a specific integration added, feel free to let us know on our Wishlistforum!"

Please let me know if I am missing something. Iā€™d love to have these things up and running with IFTTT!

Thx. Smartthings sensors (motion and door) and hue motion work fine with others I know. Why wouldnā€™t motion trigger lights, all clear trigger lights off?

Once the integration for IFTTT works with Wyze Sense, I think weā€™ll be able to trigger a ā€˜sceneā€™ in Smart Life. I use an outlet to do this, but I imagine it could be done with a light. I configured the smart scene to turn on, wait 2 minutes 30 seconds, then turn off.

I am looking forward to when the Wyze Sense Motion Sensor will showup in the IFTTT skill.

6 Likes

Iā€™d love to have an IFTTT function where Alexa and or Google Home would make an announcement when a sensor is triggered and Iā€™m not home. Something like ā€œIntruder Alertā€ which might thwart a would-be robber.

This is doable with HASS.IO and IFTTT (using webhooks). https://www.reddit.com/r/Wyze/comments/bo9x42/send_alexa_notification_is_wyze_sensor_is/enl8y0v/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

For what itā€™s worth, this really isnā€™t a request for Wyze, itā€™s the google assistant limitation that prevents broadcasting a message or sound using IFTTT. But as noted, using HASS.io you can make a google home receive a broadcasted sound or message.