Wyze sense Alexa integration issues?

I certainly hope that 5 of us deleting and reseting devices doesn’t overload Wyze servers! just saying…

1 Like

Most Alexa integrations are working fine for me as well. just specifically having issues with running a routine to do something when no motion is sensed for a period of time… other than that, everything else works… scheduled integrations work fine, I can even turn off lights on a schedule, but the same lights will not turn of when motion is not sensed…

Exactly: it’s that no-motion triggers that don’t function. Don’t worry, I’ve given up on deleting / recreating since it isn’t working to do so for me.

IDK… surely not every million + owners chime in here or just learking and are affected ?

Maybe bulbs and plug issues with the integration ?
I don’t use Wyze bulbs and plugs …using third party.

I have third party switches as well…

Wyze rules work fine with wyze products. Alexa routine with third party products is where the challenge is. Or more specifically, wyze no motion alert handoff to Alexa.

Yeah, I just created a scheduled routine to turn off my basement lights at 10:00 and then again at midnight should my son roam downstairs.

At soMe point it will work again.

I am having the same/similar experience and have validated that the issue only occurs for me with a delayed no motion Alexa routine. No motion detected for 0/zero minutes works fine, but any other delayed time setting does not work.

I further validated by switching the trigger from a Wyze sense motion sensor to a Ring motion sensor. With the Ring motion sensor, the delayed no motion Alexa routine (i.e. time with no motion greater than 0/zero) works fine. The timeline of first occurrence appears to be the beginning of August.

I had a routine working to turn off a fan/lights after X minutes of no motion detected and it was working fine and then abruptly stopped at the beginning of August. I thought recreating, resetting, etc. everything resolved the issue, but after much testing, I determined that the delayed no motion trigger is currently broken. Only instant/zero minutes of no motion works for the Wyze sense motion sensor.

Based on comments within this and other posts, I am leaning towards buying another Ring motion sensor, that I have already confirmed works with delayed no motion Alexa routines, to perform the function of turning off the ceiling fan/lights after X minutes of no motion detected.

Beginning of August sounds about right…

my stopgap solution is I have one routine that turns on the lights when it detects motion, waits an hour then turns them off.

In the short term is works, I am sure that if we spend more than an hour at a time in the basement it will become an issue…

The lack of feedback from Wyze support is deafening.

The only feedback I have received from Wyze so far is “I’ll pass this info to our team but don’t expect to hear anything back specifically on this ticket.”

Last night the Mrs. finally gave into her frustration and said to me, “OK get this useless junk out of my house!” :nauseated_face:

At what point to we pull the plug and jump ship ? My Zigbee PIR sensor was working fine for over 2yrs. The Wyze worked for 6mos and support makes no indication there is even a problem being worked on :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

My routine started working partially on Monday, but it still fails more than half the time.

I emailed support again asking if they had an update on the issue, but they said they were still working on it.

I’m about to buy a SmartThings motion sensor if this isn’t fixed by next week.

I don’t know how many others are facing this issue, but obviously not enough them to do anything about it.

So far today, my lights have been functioning normally and the routine to turn off my lights hasn’t failed.

Hopefully the maintenance they did yesterday squashed the bug causing the issue once and for all.

Does your off routine have a delay? I was hopeful that last night’s maintenance would resolve the delayed no motion routine issue, but it has not for me.

My off routine has a five minute delay. Maybe if you try recreating your routine again it might work for you.

Thanks. I did try and also did a reset of devices, but no go. It might take a couple days for any potential fix to trcikle out to all accounts.

Looks like my routine is failing Again!! I guess whatever maintenance they did Friday didn’t solve the issue.

In the middle of today, my delayed no motion detected Alexa routine started working without me doing anything specific to the Wyze Sense motion sensor or the Alexa routine. I tested it a handful of times with a 5-minute and a 15-minute delayed no motion detected action.

So now I supposed I need to either see some sort of post about what happened and when it was officially resolved. OR - I have to continue to monitor for the routine to break again which is not overly practical (particularly if the action is to turn something off when no motion is detected after 1 or more minutes… It could take awhile to notice things are not working correctly…).

i’ll be testing mine today to see…

I think my routine broke again today. I am on my third test, the first and second test both failed. I expect the third test to fail as well. I get that technology breaks sometimes, but with a handful of users opening tickets reporting the issue, it seems like some sort of outage status should be posted somewhere along where an potential ETA for resolution. The same routine with a ring motion sensor still functions. Amazon prime days are coming up and I am watching for a drop below the current $30 price for a ring motion dector (2nd generation).

Do you need any other ring devices to use the motion sensor?

My routine is working very sporadically. It will work for a few hours and just when I think this issue is fixed for good, it stops working.

I might have to look into the possibility of getting my wyze system to work locally using HomeAssistant. I know there isn’t any official support for it yet, but I’m tired of relying on cloud stuff.