Wyze Scale: Tare to Weigh Pets, Luggage, & Objects

Not sure how many people would find it useful, but I have a potential idea for the scale to help weigh pets. Currently I have to use a standard scale to weigh them now which requires me to first weigh myself, then pick up the animal and and weigh again, then calculate the delta. Then enter that pet weight on a tracking spreadsheet.

It would be great if Wyze built this into the Scale as a feature. It would still require doing separate weights (w and w/o the pet) but would do the math and log the history.

Otherwise I cannot use the Wyze Scale to do the weights as the scale would either log the combined weight as a new user or think I gained a lot of weight. If I were to intentionally setup the combined weight as a new user, that still wouldnā€™t provide the delta and therefore not be a reliable indicator of the pet-only weight.

Just a thoughtā€¦

Iā€™ve been doing what you talked about at first with my dog. Weight myself and then holding my dog. It works but not convenient as you said. I just go in and delete the times with my dog.

Terrific idea. I stand on the scale holding boxes to get the weight for UPS and FedEx. Same concept. But I turn the app off so it is not recorded.

Great idea! Yes!

Any chance for a update that would allow a pet mode on the scale?? other than recording it on paper after you subtract your weight hard to keep track of. Because my weight changes also. It would be nice if you could enter ā€œpet modeā€ and then it asks for you to step on then off then step on holding pet and then it gives and records your pets weight minus the first weight. Would be cool and you could almost market it as more than just pets. Anything you need to hold and canā€™t stand on it itā€™s self. Baby maybe

4 Likes

Guess this one is a no?

Awesome ideaā€¦ and I did this myself, also, when I was needing to know my catā€™s weight did correct medicine dosage. ā€œPet modeā€ would be spectacular!!!

2 Likes

It would be great to have tare functionality in the Wyze app for getting the weight of other objects. Iā€™m primarily thinking luggage. Select ā€˜Tare/Zeroā€™ mode, step on to get base weight, grab luggage. Would be helpful to know if youā€™re close to the 50lb limit.

Yes!! I weigh my cat every week. :smile_cat:

I weigh myself (using my Wyze scale user) and then screenshot it. Then I pick him up and weigh us together (using a Guest scale user.) Screenshot that, then open the Calc app on my phone, do the subtraction, and screenshot thatā€¦ which I save to an album.

So when I go to my phoneā€™s Cat Weight album, I have a history.

But it would be great if the scale did all of this automatically! My Wyze scale is the only scale I trust for my catā€¦ the vetā€™s scale is sometimes inaccurate by 3-4 lbs (yes, pounds!)

Well guess whatā€¦the new Wyze Scale S has Pet Mode. No credit or notification or response to the forum here.

I can only hope the previous scale can also get this mode via a software update.

Baby/pet mode for original Wyze Scale

Seeing that the Wyze site says the only difference between the Wyze Scale & the Wyze Scale S on the feature set is that the original had heart rate reading while the S doesnā€™t (which is now no longer true with the latest app update) Iā€™m curious ā€” is Wyze considering adding the baby/pet mode to the original scale?

3 Likes

Yes, please bring pet and luggage mode to the original Wyze Scale via an OTA! :pray:

1 Like

No OTA is going to happen. Wyze is a front company for Chinese manufacturers to import various unrelated products to the US. Iā€™ve learned that they do not develop anything.

Wyze Scale to have baby/pet mode option

Hi, Wyze scale has two models, Wyze Scale and Wyze Scale S. At present, only Wyze Scale S has baby/pet mode option to measure weight of a pet /baby. It will be nice to have that option on Wyze scale as well, Wyze team, please launch this option to Wyze scale as well.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

At present Wyze Scale doesnā€™t have a pet /baby mode option in it. This option is only available in Wyze Scale S. It will be nice to have that pet mode / baby mode option available on Wyze scale via a firmware update. Thanks.

1 Like

The Wyze Scale does not support Baby / Pet Mode which can measure luggage and heavy backpack. Though the Wyze Scale S is capable of this feature. Can it please be added to the Wyze Scale?

1 Like

Bring pet weight and other features to Original Wyze scale.

From what I can see the Wyze Scale X and the original Wyze scale are nearly identical. There should be no reason not to back port the ā€œnewā€ features such as pet weight to the original Scale.