Wyze Scale S - Smaller Frame. Bigger Punch! 👊 9/30/21

Introducing the Wyze Scale S! An affordable smart scale that is bound to make your health-tracking journey a whole lot easier.

Using metal electrodes and the same Wyze fitness technology you know and love, we’ve packed a big punch in a much smaller frame. :facepunch: :boom:

Preorder yours in black or white today!

11 Likes

@wyzeteam

Thanks but please let’s have the light switches

I assume you’d like those to be ready for sale before we launch them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Nice! I pre-ordered 1 black and 1 white. :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for your order, Seapup! :smiley:

3 Likes

Got a few as well. My current Wyze scale has played a big part in a personal journey, so not ready to swap it out yet (we get each other)… these will go to the family :wink:

5 Likes

What’s the difference between the S and the original scale? The price?

5 Likes

Could someone from Wyze clarify what’s different from the original Wyze scale? Is this one more accurate? Does it have integrations with data from the band or watch? I got that it’s got a pet/child mode, but unclear on what else is different.

5 Likes

5 Likes

We’re working on a comparison chart! But here’s a quick rundown of differences:

Wyze Scale S:

• Smaller frame for better portability
  • Has Baby/Pet Mode
  • Has a cute greeting!
  • Different materials
  • Larger font

Wyze Scale:

• Larger which can be better for people with larger feet
  • Has heart rate measurement
  • Flat, glass surface
6 Likes

Differences I see (Quick look up), plus what @UserCustomerGwen said :wink:

WYZE Scale WYZE Scale S
Price 19.99 14.99
Color Black Black or White
Weight 4.07lb/1.85kg 3.32 lbs (1.66 kg)
Demensions 12 in x 12 in x 1 in 11 in x 11 in x 1 in
Surface ITO coated glass Tempered glass + stainless steel electrodes
Waterproof Rating IPX3 Unknown
Power 4 x 1.5V AAA 3 X 1.5V AAA
Measurements
On Scale Weight, Body Fat Percentage, Heart Rate Weight, Body Fat Percentage
In App Weight, Body Fat Percentage, Heart Rate, Lean Body Mass, BMI, Muscle Weight, Visceral Fat, Basal Metabolic Rate, Bone Mass, Metabolic Age, Protein, Body Water Percentage Weight, Body Fat Percentage, Lean Body Mass, BMI, Muscle Weight, Visceral Fat, Basal Metabolic Rate, Bone Mass, Metabolic Age, Protein, Body Water Percentage
Compatability Android 5.0+, iOS 9.0+ Android 7.0+ and iOS 12.0+
Supported Fitness Apps Apple Health, Google Fit, Fitbit (coming soon), Samsung Health (coming soon) Apple Health, Google Fit, Fitbit
Functions Person Baby/Pet Mode

Reference Pages
WYZE Scale
WYZE Scale S

5 Likes

“Industry-leading accelerometers, G-sensors, and an advanced bioelectric impedance chip all contribute to making highly accurate smart measurements with Wyze Scale S.”

So is the sensor the same as the old scale? I don’t see reference to that in the differences.

1 Like

There are some hardware differences between these scales! :slight_smile:

It appears the Wyze Scale S is just smaller and less expensive but not any better than the original Scale. The hardware differences don’t seem to give any new features. The original scale has heart rate and all glass surface so it may be better. Im confused by a new scale that doesn’t appear to have upgrades. Am I mistaken on which scale is better than the other?

Also, are there plans to offer a wifi version of a scale so we don’t have to open the Wyze app to sync? Lack of WiFi appears to be one of the most common complaints in Amazon reviews of the original scale and it’s what the leading competitors offer.

2 Likes

Why would the new scale do the math for pet/baby mode, but not the old scale? Seems like it’s just a software thing. Is this an intentional Apple-style ‘incentive’ to get the new one?

1 Like

I just ordered a scale.
After reading this thread, I’m rethinking my purchase.
It seems this new scale has less functionality.
Maybe the original Wyze scale is a better option for me?

2 Likes

How soon is soon for Fitbit Compatibility? Been saying this for what feels like years.

1 Like

The scales are good for different use cases! I wouldn’t say one is better than the other. If you have pets, babies, or luggage that you want to weigh, I’d definitely go with Wyze Scale S. If heart rate measurement is important to you, I’d go with Wyze Scale. If you want to travel with a scale, Wyze Scale S is better. If you have larger feet, you’ll probably want Wyze Scale. It all depends on your needs. These aren’t meant to be a better than the other type of thing. We’ll still be selling Wyze Scale. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pet/Baby Mode was a feature the partner had already implemented when we started working on Wyze Scale S. :slight_smile:

4 Likes