I think it’s coincidence.
When I woke up I had a notification from twitter or IG that Wyze said they released a new app version. Then I got out of bed and tried the scale and it wasn’t working. Then I asked you if yours was working, then you reported it, then the app update came through. I think it was submitted before we reported it and it’s all coincidence of a sort.
In fact, I think the pending app update is what caused the scale not to connect use in the first place. They might’ve changed something and told it to switch to the new protocol or flexible code (HTML or whatever the GUI refers to) immediately upon publishing the new pending update, but the old app couldn’t use the new protocol yet, and the old one was not capable to do so as soon as they published the new one.
I’m pretty sure it went down closer to that. Wyze obviously has some html or other coding inside the app that they can change on the fly without an app update (hence why your iOS settings were noticed to be changing on the fly the other day without an update as you two mentioned), and changing that flexible coding temp disabled the scale in the old app version before we’d installed the approved update.
That’s my theory. It would be cool if we had anything to do with the fix, but since they announced an update before we were even aware of the bug, I don’t think that it is the case.
For anyone having this scale connection issue, try to update your Android app to Version 2.24.51 and it should be fixed (It fixed mine).