Wyze Scale and Samsung Health

No way would I accept this crap as a work-around.

Not to mention, every new app I have to install and run is an additional battery drain… :angry:

1 Like

I have the same frustration. Purchased the scale on the “coming soon” web promise. There are a couple of new Wyze products that are coming that I want to support and purchase but my experience with the scale and the camera “person detection” broken promises cause me to question if Wyze is about launching new products at the expense of supporting existing customers well. I’ve gone from the enthusiastic promoter of Wyze products to a skeptic. I want to get back to my enthusiasm but need to see progress in the small stuff and have a hard time believing that Samsung is the holdup.

1 Like

I can certainly understand the reliance on Samsung, but I if that’s the blocker then it would be appropriate for Wyze to remove the “Coming Soon” related to Samsung Health wherever it is referenced, including the product page on the website. It’s just not right to say it’s coming soon when you admit you have no control over it and no idea when you can deliver. I like my Wyze product but I’m going to skip the scale because of this. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

I mean it sounds like they are planning to do it as soon as Samsung allows it. I would like to have the integration, but I’ve found the Wyze app to be pretty decent for tracking my health stats.

Maybe they just need to change the Coming Soon to “Delayed by Samsung”. I don’t know if they have a support article on it, but maybe they could share the $3 workaround someone found. (Still a lot better than needing to spend $150 for a scale that integrates and does everything this one does).

For the price, I have been incredibly happy with this scale. I wasn’t able to find anything remotely close in features for the price.

2 Likes

My hope is that Samsung will get its act together on partner integration. The WYZE scale is fantastic :clap:.

My wife is using the WYZE device with her Apple Health.

If you need something now, check out the Renpho Scales on Amazon as a cheap alternative. I am not sure how they got their integration working, but it does work well.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I wish my health data would sync with Samsung health or fitbit.

5 months after the last time I checked and a year after purchasing and still an unfulfilled promise. I have a few of the cameras and this scale but I will not purchase anything else from Wyze after this. I purchased the scale based on two things, price and Samsung Health integration. Without the promise of Samsung Health integration I would not have bought it in the first place because I really didn’t need another scale otherwise. Wyze products are cheap, but it just proves the saying of “you get what you pay for”.

2 Likes

This looks exactly like Renpho premium scale, probably made in the same factory. The Renpro scale sends info from its App right to Samsung Health. It also sends body fat to Samsung Health. The workaround of Waze to google fit to Health Sync to Samsung health only sends weight not body fat numbers.
However I don’t want to put the Renpho app on my phone. Even though Wyze is made in China I’d like to believe the software is US made. As soon as Wyze and Samsung play nice I’ll pick up the scale.

1 Like

Wyze app can sync data to Fitbit now. Samsung health still not reopen the partnership.

1 Like

@WyzeAlex Any updates on the API registration?

2 Likes

So, it’s been a year since the original post. Any updates on this? We are really hoping this links up. Seems ridiculous you advertise in your commercial it works with it when it clearly doesn’t.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think their business model has changed - they are now trying to add their name to as much crap as possible for quick sales. They aren’t working to take care of existing customers whose money they already have so I doubt we will ever get this much requested (and promised) ‘feature’

1 Like

That is exactly what I see. I bought the scale in the beginning due to the low cost and the promise of Samsung Health sync. I’ve asked about it a few times and posted on here but still nothing. They have put out a dozen other cheap gadgets since. They got my money and that’s all they care about. You only get to fool me once so I won’t be buying anything else from Wyze no matter what it is. I’ll pay a little more for something made by a company that keeps it’s promises and supports their product.

1 Like

I agree! I have been waiting since I bought it. I think this is false advertising.

I am annoyed as you are but Samsung is still not accepting partners.

Seems strange when you can find plenty of devices on Amazon (including scales) that work with Samsung health…except this one.

3 Likes

Honestly, Wyze should have had a developer account setup with Samsung before they added Samsung Health to the marketing information for the scale (something that’s still on the product page, come on Wyze if you can’t support it, and can’t give a date on when you’re going to support it, take it off the product page!) That means Wyze SHOULD have had their application in for the partner app before Samsung suspended the program. That said, it’s been over a year since Samsung suspended the program, and they’ve been pretty quite on their end about when they’re going to open it back up. If you’re interested in letting them (meaning Samsung) know how you feel about it, hit them up on this thread here Partner App Program - Samsung Health - Samsung Developers Community Forums & Tech Support

2 Likes

I got excited seeing the new scale - as a current scale owner who just needs Samsung Health integration, I’d be happy to just buy the new one, but the new one sadly doesn’t even mention Samsung Health… really too bad =(

This is more evidence of the direction Wyze is going in. The scales we have are now obsolete. They could have focussed time on their existing hardware to add the new software features the new hardware has, but they chose to release new hardware instead. Guess which they will be looking to improve in the coming months.
I’m going to buy another brand this weekend and be done with this awful experience once and for all.

1 Like