Wyze Scale and Garmin Connect

Similar to how Wyze Scale integrates with Fitbit, I would love for it to connect to Garmin as well. I just got a Garmin Venu smartwatch and would love for my Wyze Scale to send my weight and other body metrics to the Garmin Connect app. Any possibility for this happening?

Using the Wyze v2.10 app on Android I have been successful in sending weight data to Google Fit. I am still struggling to get the data into Garmin Connect, however.

I had hoped I could accomplish this through the following chain: Wyze > Google Fit > MyFitnessPal > Garmin Connect.

• Wyze to Google Fit data exchange is working.
  • MyFitnessPal to/from Garmin Connect exchange is not working.
  • Google Fit to MyFitnessPal exchange is not working.

This seems to be an issue others have been having with MyFitnessPal. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Fitbit-is-not-syncing-weight-to-MyFitnessPal/td-p/3305299#

I was hopeful that www.weemple.com or Health Sync (https://appyhapps.nl/) would solve the issue. Neither of these offerings support Google Fit as a source, however.

An option from Wyze to send data to MyFitnessPal (assuming MyFitnessPal isn’t too flakey) or partnering with the folks over at weemple.com to add Wyze Scale to their list of sources would be great. Even better… direct interface from Wyze to Garmin Connect straight from the Wyze app.

Thanks for putting up with my rambles. If any of you find a way to move Wyze weight data beyond Google Fit, let me know in a reply.

5 Likes

I too would like Garmin integration. I don’t know if it’s possible or feasable. There are no other scales, except Garmin, that integrates into Garmin Connect.

12 Likes

I am also a Garmin person… have all my excerise data on Garmin Connect… i will purchase a scale as soon as it works with Garmin… maybe buy 2…

8 Likes

I second the request for Garmin support!

10 Likes

@irishjd. Merged your posts into the wishlist item. Don’t forget to vote!

2 Likes

Another user wanting Garmin Connect integration.

5 Likes

Without Garmin Connect integration with the scale is a deal breaker.

2 Likes

Almost made a topic asking for the same thing, Google Fit sucks bad when it comes to its fitness app, I’ve used Fitbit before and its good but I’ve been a long time Garmin user and wear a Vivoactive 3 everyday. This needs to be added.

1 Like

So I noticed you can pretty much export the data from the scale in the app to your email, so I went ahead and did that than tried uploading it to Garmin via browser and i get this, it’s calling it fitbit data?

Fitbit is supported by the scale so it makes sense any export would be in that format at least for now.

Presumably as other platforms are more fully supported there will be other export options as time goes on. At least one can hope.

1 Like

yeah its xls format if im correct which is why it thinks its fitbit, but anyways looking forward to garmin integration.

1 Like

It will still work but it takes some manipulation of the data. I managed to get it to work tonight. Pain in the rear! Need the integration with Garmin Connect!!

1 Like

Someone should tag a Wyze member here

Just up voted for Garmin Connect integration.

1 Like

I use Garmin Connect and also an app called LoseIt. DIrect Wyze integration with this amazing scale would be really useful. I can at present get Wyze Weight sync to Google Fit to LoseIt working but only when I clear all apps then start LoseIt.

The scale is amazing and I will never use Fitbit Aria again after they walked away from supporting the scale ERR issue.

Wyze seems to have the whole package as it develops it’s app to support what users are wanting and using.

2 Likes

Google Fit and Apple Health

I would like to add Garmin Connect to this list as I have years of data in there.

1 Like

At a minimum I was able to import into Garmin Connect using this format:

Body
Date,Weight,BMI,Fat
“2021-02-28”,“233.9”,“30.87”,“27.7”
“2021-03-01”,“236.99”,“31.27”,“27.799”
e.g.

This article by DCRainmaker was helpful

Yeah. VERY disappointed with the incredibly slim selection of apps this scale syncs with :expressionless:

Great writeup @inginero , this is exactly what is happening with me. I can sync my weight from Wyze Scale to Google Fit just fine, however Google Fit is not syncing weight or additional weight metrics over to MyFitnessPal, which then prevents MyFitnessPal from syncing weight metrics over to Garmin Connect.

I would love to cut out some of these “middle” apps and have Wyze directly connect with Garmin, however, I understand that Garmin is like Apple, and likes everyone to use their “proprietary” products; I am not willing to spend $150 on a smart scale that does the same as my Wyze Scale.

If Wyze could connect directly to MyFitnessPal, I believe that potentially could solve the problem…

I will also be reaching out to Google, to see if they can get a connection built directly to Garmin (to cut out MyFitnessPal) and I will also see if Garmin will get a connection built to integrate with Google.

However, since these relationships are out of our hands, I will also request Google and MyFitnessPal respectively to sync weight metrics back and forth, as of right now Google is only pulling weight from MyFitnessPal, and not sending weight metrics to MyFitnessPal (https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032273832-Google-Fit-FAQ-and-Troubleshooting).